Postscript variable settings lost after upgrade

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by qilin, Apr 22, 2007.

1. qilin

qilin Member

Everytime after upgrading the client to a new version, the settings will be lost and need to be set again.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I can't see how that can happen as the settings are all saved on the server and not the client.

What exactly gets lost? Anything else?

3. qilin

qilin Member

Under Settings tab, Letters tab, The PostScript Provider-template and patient template. I changed the arrangement of the variables but the change gets lost after each upgrade. Everything else is saved fine.
  4. Graham

Ahh .. so this was a bit of hyperbole then.

I just checked mine and it works fine. I take it you did save the settings?

5. qilin

qilin Member

Hmm.. could be something I did.

Yesterday, I upgraded at home, I had to reset the letter postscript templates - this happened a few times before. Today, I upgraded in the office, the letter template settings were already saved. But on the receptionist's workstation, the "scan directory" setting was lost and need to be reset. I did click [save config] every time. Any idea?
  6. Graham

Each person has their own configuration settings. So, if you do something on your account, it won't affect what your secretary's account does.

7. qilin

qilin Member

I know that. Unfortunately, I have to do all these settings thing myself since it will take the secretaries forever to figure anything out. It's faster to do it myself than teach them how to do it. I do need to block out some more time to give them some more crash courses.
  8. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Start a new thread ... make a list of the items that need to be "taught" to secretaries etc. I'd like to hear your experience.
  9. qilin

qilin Member

Part of the problem is that the secretaries are mostly technophobic and are reluctant to spend time to play with the program. They do what you tell them to do. Part of the problem is that we are also experimenting, the program is updated frequently, I am learning the new features myself during usage. I told them to use paperport button initially and later changed to not to use this button, etc - this was enough to get them confused. With the busy daily schedule, it's not easy to keep everyone of them on the same page. Maybe we should have a Quick User Guide - but they probably won't even bother reading it, they will never have the interest and be willing to spend time coming to this forum...
  10. Graham

If you are happy to write a quick users guide based upon your own learning experience, I'd be happy to amend it as appropriate.