Plans for 2007

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Try using

\\mule\d:\path\to\reme.fdb

or

\\ip.address.goes.here\d:\path\to\remr.fdb

as the address of the database.

2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Thanks. That worked. For God's sake why didn't Windows do it properly ? I used the dialog window to find the .fdb file.

I am using Access 2007. (That's all I have in the Office, I'll bring 2003 tomorrow)

3. Jason

I downloaded the file in question.

richtx32.ocx

Now I get:

Attached Files:

4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I guess you'll have to wait to Qilin debugs his code [:)]

5. qilin

qilin Member

Hey Jason you connected to my office!

I set this at home using Office 2002, not sure why Access saved my ODBC server information, I thought it's supposed to use the machine's ODBC info. For different version of Office, you might need to change the reference checklist under VBA window. Iwill make a version for2007 for you Jason. Now you know my secret I have to kill you [:D]. I have Office 2007 installed in XP x64 version. Firebird ODBC doesn't work. I am not sure ifthere isa x64 version of ODBC driver.

I am aware of the warning that you have to close firebird port, I opened it on purpose so I can play with it at home. You should probably tell the users to change the SYSDBA password too.
  6. Jason

This is good news. I saw the pic below when I got to the office. I thought that I had been rooted or something !

I was whois'ing you and a few other things to figure out what is what.

/feel better now .... patients !

Attached Files:

7. qilin

qilin Member

Jason don't waste your time now until I fix it for office 2003. I tested for 2003, the rich textbox activeX control I used is not supported in version 2003. Will try to find a work-around and give your more detailed instructions next time. If you have 2002, give it a try, you do need to go to tools-database utilities-linked table manager to relink all the tables to your own ODBC source.
  8. Jason

[quote user="qilin"]If you have [Office] 2002, give it a try, you do need to go to tools-database utilities-linked table manager to relink all the tables to your own ODBC source.[/quote]

If I install Access and Word from Office XP .. will that work ?

9. qilin

qilin Member

[quote user="Jason"]

[quote user="qilin"]If you have [Office] 2002, give it a try, you do need to go to tools-database utilities-linked table manager to relink all the tables to your own ODBC source.[/quote]

If I install Access and Word from Office XP .. will that work ?

[/quote]

yes, i also send you a copy for 2003 but your email is not working?
  10. Jason

A copy for 2003 would be much better for me.

Thanks. I have the new one in my email. seemed to make it through.

synapse mailmerge.zip (191K)

synapse.zip (75K)
    -
  11. qilin

qilin Member

I gave up on rich text control. Access 2007 changed it's text control again. Will just use plain text control so it should work across all versions. The notes will not be displayed properly (lost the paragraph marks), but Word recognizesthem fine and mailmerge works fine. Just send you a copy, tested in Office 2007, worked fine for me. Again, re-link all the tables first. In the future, codes maybe put in to prompt re-linking of tables.

DrO, if the one I send you doesn't work, let me know which version of Access you use and I will send a new one.
  12. qilin

qilin Member

Started a new thread about Access and Word Mail Mergein "Hardware and Software Tips and Suggestions".

It is located here
  13. Jason

[quote user="qilin"] I gave up on rich text control. Access 2007 changed it's text control <u>again</u>. [/quote]

What a nightmare. Version control is a major problem with Office Apps and that most true with Access it seems.

Are you thinking of releasing a version for Office 97 or Office 2000 ? (just kidding).

14. Jason

I keep wanting some sort of TO DO Tab. There are some things that need reminding for me to monitor (or to do), but don't need the patient to return to clinic immediately.

Anyone else have similar needs ?

The idea would be that when the patient comes in .. I'd like to be reminded that I felt there were some TO DO / TO ASSESS items. I'd like the items to visible easily without intervention.
  15. Jason

When the TODO is a diagnosis .. I am going to do this ... (for now).

Attached Files:

16. qilin

qilin Member

Good idea, I want it too. Similarly, a "Transcriptions to be reviewed list", a "Consult letters to be send list" also would be nice.