Patient's name on second page of PDF

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by qilin, Mar 18, 2009.

1. qilin

qilin Member

Using "Local PDF" option generated PDF file only has patient's info on the first page. I know this has been asked before. But is there a way or work around to add patient's name on the 2nd page? I've had PMD complained, when I faxed more than one patient's consults back, they don't know whose 2nd page belongs to who.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

The PS template doesn't support footers ... I'll have to think about it.

When we used LaTeX, there was no problem with footers though ...

3. Graham

4. Graham

Is there anyone who doesn't want a footer?

I think I can add one by default on every page ....
  5. Graham

Ok, had an inspiration on how to do this , and after a couple of hours of work ... I have B6.

Footer appears as Times-Italic font size 8 at the bottom left of the page as

surname, firstname dob: dd-mmm-yyyy

It could possibly be templated in the future so that you could design your footer text .... but at present that's what you see.

Needs testing to see if the footer text appears on faxes, pdfs etc ...
  6. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Maybe put the date as well ?

(doesnt matter to me).
  7. Graham

I thought of that but that will take longer to figure out, as it is not the current date, but the date of the consult.
  8. qilin

qilin Member

This is good enough for me. Very nice. Thanks Graham!
  9. Graham

The idea of a date would be to identify which page belongs to which printout because there is already a date on the first page.

So, what I have done instead is create a <$date> template variable which prints the current time .. so you can place the print date and time in the footer.

This is like letters I receive from the hospital ... dictated 1-March-2009, typed 20-March-2009!

Example template:

<$surname>, <$fnames> DOB: <$dob> <$date>
  10. qilin

qilin Member

Or more precise, put both visit date and print date to avoid confusion, since you may print notes from different visits on the same day, example:

Lastname, Firstname DOB: dd-mmm-yyyy Date of visit: dd-mmm-yyyy Printed on: dd-mmm-yyyy

Date of visit is a better identifier than date of print.
  11. Graham

I have DOS ( date of service ) on other printouts .. so I can add that as a template variable.

12. Graham

It's not adding the footer on faxes ... will have to fix that.

13. Graham

[​IMG]

Because the footer can be quite long, I've shifted it lower on the page than before, and also moved it to the right to avoid any eps signatures.

14. qilin

qilin Member

Working perfectly, thanks Graham!