outlook integation?

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by alpesh, Jun 2, 2009.

1. alpesh

alpesh New Member

looks like there wasnt much interest to my desire to have a pts schedule seen on google calendar. was wondering if anyone would want their calendars syncd with outllook? or what if anything do they link their synapse schedule with?

tia

alpesh
  2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I sort of lost why to sync synapse calendar with google calendar. I don't currently use synapse calendar for patient scheduling at all, as I'm an employee of a uc chain with PMS but no EMR. I do use google calendar for personal scheduling sometimes. Synapse is not really intended as a doc's daytimer at all, but would be kind of cool if I could use it for that, as I leave synapse up all the time.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I want to start using Synapse scheduler but for my busy practice I have just been using my scheduler/PM to do the booking.

I really want to make my own scheduler (well, pay Graham to make one) that entirely integrates with Synapse. I think great booking software makes very good business sense. I have never seen great booking software that works for me.

If all you want is to have access to your upcoming schedules ... you may want a feature like ... export the next two weeks of the schedule to .htm files .... just get your secretary or yourself to run the "export" at the end of the day .... and save the files to a handheld device.

Even if Graham wouldn't do it ... it should be quite easy to pull the APPTs data out yourself.

If you really only need access to Synapse APPTs from home, you should setup Hamachi (Zero Install Virtual Private Network)

If your goal is to "MIX" your private appts and Synapse patient Appts ... you should do that in Google Calendar or Outlook, as you suggest.

Another Option would be to have a PM/scheduling program (which syncs to Outlook) and then get Graham to bridge your PM software with Synapse.

Maybe we all should pay Graham to make an iPhone or gPhone app for Synapse Appts and Core patient data !
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I think the reason for the need has to be clearly expressed.

If you just want to view appts from anywhere, you can use the PWP and a cellphone.

If you want to be able to book appts, then that functionality could be added ... given sufficient time, and incentive on my part.
  5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Forgot about that one.
  6. alpesh

alpesh New Member

ok i guess pwp is the answer but i would like to be able to enter appts as well. but i can live without it. it wont kill me to make a sticky or jot it down on paper.