ONCHIT HIT committee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graham, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Transcript of their first meetinghttp://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00126373

The first would deal with meaningful use. The second will deal with certification and adoption. First working on certification. And I think in that group we will also -- that group will also be tasked with reviewing infrastructure issues, including workforce-related issues. And then a third group will deal with information exchange. This is actually very helpful to have to do this. And all of them will concern themselves with privacy and with patient-centered perspectives on Health Information Technology.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

It seems to me that what everyone wants is improved outcomes with less waste in the system. That ultimately is going to involve some monitoring of what people do, which is already done by insurance companies to some extent, and so that implies coding of disease entities, drugs and investigations.

Synapse is well poised in this respect because it already does LOINC, has multiple disease coding systems that it can use, and by using RxNorm can codify medications.

I'm not sure that e-prescribing really relates particularly to improved outcomes ... unless it is being used to try and force docs to use less expensive drugs.

3. alpesh

alpesh New Member

u hit the escribe thing on the spot. govt wants to reduce spending on drugs and use evidenced based drugs only in future probably.