OCR, S3 backup questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Well since the upload is ocurring without human supervision, it will be faster than manually adding by using the add results window.

Perhaps you should also enrol in the trial of using faximport?
  2. qilin

qilin Member

They probably never made their way to the results table since they never showed up in the results list. The process was interrupted for some reason, some were due to no patient selected in the add results window for example.
  3. Graham

You can probably try something like this ( untested) .. assuming all your good files are now backed.

select * from results R, files F where r.md5 = f.md5 and f.bup = 'F'

to see if that is the case.
  4. qilin

qilin Member

I am not familiar with this. I tried put this in interactive sql and execute query, it returned under data tab everything <null>

Now, I examined results table in MS Access and found all these files are assigned to patient ID 0. Can I just use the md5 to identify these records and delete them from table files and table results?
  5. Graham

Yes, you can do that.

6. qilin

qilin Member

Can I assume that I can identify orphan files using the following method:

File names start with "-" instead of "patient ID-", I can look for these files in files table and cache-listener folder.
    All files assigned to patient ID 0 are orphan files and can be safely removed from results table.

This way, I can rescue the files that dissappeared during filing since some of them could be important.And, after I re-upload them, I can fix the two tables to keep referential integrity.

Since my new secretary started this month, she managed to create a whole bunch of such files, now I have to spend time fixing each of these manually. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

After manually fixing the two tables, S3 back up now shows 0 files left
  7. Graham

Sounds right.

How exactly is she doing this? The file upload is not supposed to happen if a patient is not selected.

Anyway the new FaxImport makes this user error no longer important.
  8. qilin

qilin Member

I have no idea. I have a feeling even with the new faximport, there might be new problems... as you said, might be time to find another secretary...

Interestingly, as I'm looking at results table, after I fixed the above issues, there are still about 30 files left assigned to patient ID 0, I looked in the files table, these are files with correct ID attached to files names. So I just changed the 0 to the correct patient ID. Then when I refresh results list in the client, the missing ones now show up correctly. Any idea how these get in there?

Does S3 backup synchronize deletion as well?

Can manual control option be added for FaxImport client in addition to periodic poll? So I can click [upload] button to upload the scans and faxes. Reason being many times I need to dosome cleaning, editing or stacking of the files before they get uploaded.

I assume you plan to integrate the FaxImport screen to the client, since it may not be a good idea to have the config window showing S3/AWS keys every time on the front desk PC.

Just noticed, S3 back up is now working with sync-faxboxes running, don't know what happened before...
  9. Graham

I think that's a safety thing .. all results are assigned to patient 0 until they get assigned correctly.

No, if you delete something, this is not recorded anywhere so the sync tool can not know without scanning all the files. Too time consuming. And at 10c per Gb, not worth the effort.

Perhaps I can add a pause ....

And no, it is a stand alone application that is optional and commercial. Not everyone will want to purchase it so no need to bulk up the client.

As for showing the keys on the front desk PC, just run the sync tool on your own PC, or on the server, and use a mapped network directory.
  10. Graham

There can't be a pause as it is currently written as the GUI closes down after it starts up ...
  11. qilin

qilin Member

Work around is simple, I can just let faximport watch a different folder and move the files from paperport folder to this watch folder after they are screened first.
  12. Graham

BTW, the FaxImport sends to S3 so actually is also backing up. The server script just marks them in the db as being backed up.

13. qilin

qilin Member

What about items deleted using [delete] button under "Results" tab. Do they get deleted from Amazon S3?
  14. Graham

15. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Do they get deleted from \cache-listener\ ?
  16. Graham

Probably ....
  17. Graham

Qilin .. how has this worked out with your secretary's workflow?