New templating functionality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graham, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

2. turnerk

turnerk New Member

This is good. Another interesting twist on this concept would be to be able to click the word inside ** and each time you click it you get to see the next choice. Then when the final text is accepted the sentence or paragraph would show the changes based on which words were the last ones chosen. The difference in approach might be faster. It would require fewer pop up screens and less movement of the mouse on the screen which takes time. This suggestion is based on my 4 years of daily use of an emr to make all my notes. The less clicks and pop up screens involved the faster documentation will occur. In busy practices faster is better.
  3. Graham

I agree that would be faster .. but somewhat harder for me to implement. Hence I chose this method as an interim implementation. The inplace click and replace is on my todo list.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I prefer pop-up screens. Is someone going to tap the screen 10 times if the word they are seeking is tenth on a ten word list? And while we're on the subject, how about short phrases in addition to words? Can all text placed between '" * * " be considered replaceable variables? Thinking out loud. I know it can be done, just haven't seen it done in Rebol.

PainDoc
  5. turnerk

turnerk New Member

Hi Anonymous,

For most things there will be only 2 or 3 one word choices. If sentences could be used then many choices might be available. I guess you could have a sentence they have *1* child/children, and then clicking 10 x would be pretty dumb.

It would be interesting to construct questionaires for patient's where they choose answers that build paragraphs or histories, and all other sentences not chosen disappear in the final product. That would be an interesting thing to have in a patient portal and the patient would write their own histories without much help from us.

Got your point.

kt

6. Graham

Paindoc - I think you can only use one word with no spaces as the text to be replaced, but the replacement text can contain spaces - so could even be a sentence.

The aim is to get inline replacement by clicking on the word and a popup list appears; one day I hope.

Constructing sentences to my mind is really only useful for sending letters to someone else. One's own notes don't really need to generate natural english - in my opinion.