New Macro functionality and new Macro Substitution Customizations

Discussion in 'Documentation & Training Resources' started by Jason, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Synapse 206 final has a new Macros Functionality - the text subsitutions options are not a popup but are *INTEGRATED* into the Macro Window.

All you do is left click the [Replace Text] and you can start the picking the text which applies to your current patient.

Note: there are two methods of selecting text once the replacing has started:

(1) left clicking : if you left click on a replace text option, you then click on the [Replace Text] to confirm the selection and to replace it in the window.

(2) right clicking : if you right click on a replace text option, that text AUTOMATICALLY replaces the text in the window AND also advances to the next text that needs to be customized for your current patient's documentation - <u>WOW FAST EH !</u> (editor's note: I am a right clicker !)

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: New Macro functionality and new custom Macro Tab.

And in 207 you can use the control key to select multiple items. But you must then use the "Replace Text" button.

3. Jason

Re: New Macro functionality and new custom Macro Tab.

Nice.
  4. Jason

Make your own Macro Substitutions !

In the >> Custom Tab >> Macros Tab, you can Add or Update (ie. change) your Macro substituions.

See below ...

Attached Files:

5. Jason

Re: Make your own Macro Substitutions !

For example to add a new Macro Substitution Customization, you do this.

For Word: enter *mood* and for Choices: enter "neutral" "euphoric" "depressed" "anxious" "irritable".

So, in plain english the word to be substituted must be surrounded by asterixes ( * <-- that thing ) and the choices must be either all one word options separated by commas or word phrases enclosed in quotes, separated by spaces. Note: in this example I chose to put quotes around my choices but that was optional as all the choices to replace *mood* were only 1 word long.
  6. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I would add "euthymic" [8-|]
  7. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]I would add "euthymic" [8-|]
    [/quote]

Euthymia is probably neutral. [:)] I like euthymia better though.

Attached Files: