New encounter aka consult tab

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, May 29, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

This is a preview of what the new consult tab looks and works like. It's a 3 min video.

The aim is to hide as much functionality as possible and only expose it when needed.

Comments?

2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Consult Tab, group by tags

Attached Files:

3. Jason

Images in the consult area.

Attached Files:

4. Jason

Rebuild and Update encounter tags

Attached Files:

5. Graham

Has anyone tried the new interface yet?

6. Graham

I think it makes sense for those involved in primary care to create a new record for each complaint because the tagging system allows users to easily follow the progress of each complaint over time.

If you mix up complaints in the one visit, it is going to be harder to extract the data you wish to see.

7. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Just updated to the new interface. Is it expected that the window for a consult will have restrictions on size? Dont know how this will look on my office screen which is 19 inch, the attached pic is a 24 inch.

Attached Files:

8. Graham

Mamman, try clicking on the [Edit] button at the top.

What you are seeing now is the preview screen ... which is not editable, and not resizable.

The purpose is more apparent if you have more than one consult to look at ....
  9. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

I presume this view is best for a summary of events. Clicking on classic brings on a maximised view directly.
  10. Graham

Let's say you have tagged all your encounters appropriately. Then grouping by encounter will then show all the related encounters. You can then easily step thru each one in chronological sequence.

Now if I maximized the view, you would have to use the outer drag button to go below the encounter you are viewing to see the next one.

Whereas with the preview, you can easily click on each in or out of sequence.
  11. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

I miss the "To Word" button in the new interface [:(]
  12. Graham

Perhaps you missed the buttons?

See this video on how to enable them by default.

13. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

I would have never figured that out myself. [:D] Happy now!.
  14. Graham

It now takes 4 clicks to start editing a new consult ( including accepting the default tag ), whereas it took 3 clicks before .. so need to fix that.

Need to allow adding diagnoses as a tag straight off

There is some corruption of tags occuring when writing a script inside an encounter.

Updating the current encounter tags closes the opened "window" so that there is no chance to rebuild the tags

( I spent the whole day today seeing patients using the new interface! )

OTH, it was nice to start using images to document active RA joints today. But I think I would like some predrawn "stamps" I can place on the image .. wonder if that is feasible...
  15. Graham

A little update on the upcoming update:
    1. a fix has been worked out so that if you click on an encounter the preview opens at that point and does not reset the scroller to the top of the screen.
    2. results can be filed from this new homepage/dashboard ... working on all the other functions that can be done with a result. They grayed out buttons have yet to be done.
  16. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Is it possible to open the edit window just by clickinginside the encounter window. I notice that mistakenly I keep on entering data esp inbusy clinics directly as shown here
  17. Graham

I've done the same too .. I'll see what I can do.

18. Graham

I can't alter the behaviour of the preview area to allow a click to bring up the editor.

So, I have two choices, first being to change the preview area to a non-editable view ( but then you lose the ability to copy text out of this area ), and secondly, to make it so that the edit button does not lose any text if you do edit in there. I have chosen the former.

Try beta 24 which has this change ... released early on this account.

19. Graham

Oh, and I've changed the color of the [Edit] button to bright green to draw your eye there .. unless you happen to be color blind!

20. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Yes, the non editable view is better. Copy can always be done from the edit window.