MS's NHS CUI Programme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, May 14, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I want to see this but I dont want to taint my PC's with Silverlight.

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

3. Jason

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many scroll bars.

Attached Files:

4. Graham

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the home page. The gadget they use is like the tab panel Synapse uses except that on the homepage you get a birds eye view of all of them.

Then you click to expand the one of interest to fill the whole screen. The scroll bars allow you to examine something without disrupting your current view.

You really do need to play with the demo using Silverlight.
  5. Jason

I know what the home page is .... I REALLY REALLY want a Synapse homepage, or at least an easy way to generate a patient summary of health information and recent activities. (for later discussion).

First off, this is a very non-clinical homepage. I guess this might be the home page of an administrator. I myself as 1 doctor, don't need ultra convenient access to all the other doctor's schedules (4 docs in this case). I dont register patients. I use other tools for my Health News. Prescription requests seems like a doctor thing but this is not what is needed for a doctor's dashboard.

If MS wanted this to be a "Medical" demo, this in wholly inaccurate and ineffective. If you look at these super small examples, do you think any of these annoying "1/8th of the screen" previews is adequate for

1) Medications (no way)

2) Diseases (no no way)

3) Labs (no way)

4) Allergies (maybe for a short list)

The idea is .. if you have to click on a preview to make it useful, the preview is really just a fancy looking button !

Attached Files:

6. Graham

yes, it's the admin's home page. The doc's one is different.

And yes, it's the same as Windows Vista .. you get reduced screen captures as icons when tabbing thru screens.
  7. Jason

So no medical Mock Ups ?
  8. Graham

Install Silverlight and run the doc demo.
  9. Graham

Just tried the latest MS demos .. the CUI seems to be more sluggish than before, and although they claim greater functionality, I see the reverse [:(]

At this rate, you're going to need a quad core processor to use it.
  10. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]

Just tried the latest MS demos .. the CUI seems to be more sluggish than before, and although they claim greater functionality, I see the reverse [:(]

At this rate, you're going to need a quad core processor to use it.

[/quote]

Welcome to the WinTel Alliance.