Meaningful Use - how close are we?

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

2. Graham

3. Graham

4. Graham

5. Graham

6. Graham

7. Graham

CCD display is now done.
  8. Graham

9. Graham

10. Graham

Plan: Add a check box to the BMI calculator that says we are going to take some action and document it.
    This will be then added as a digital result of type PQRI, or NQF, and value 128, or 421 respectively.

This way we can search on the digital results to see if a weight management plan was initiated for a person who's BMI is outside of parameters.
  11. Graham

Plan: look at all the encounters for patients >= 18 who have a diagnosis of hypertension ( ICD-9-CM) over the reporting period who have a total of more than 1 visit and the BP is recorded
  12. Graham

There are two elements here. We have to capture the querying of the patient about tobacco usage, and we have to capture the cessation intervention

This has a NQF value of 28. I propose that if you update the social history, a result of type NQF of value 28 be recorded.
    If the patient is a smoker, then we should display some indicator that allows you to capture the smoking cessation intervention and save it as NQF value 28.1
  13. Graham

This is just running a report on patients who received the flu vaccine
  14. Graham

This much the same as PQRI 128, except that counselling applies even though the patient is of normal weight?
    So, we record PQRI 24 when BMI is recorded and the check box is ticked.
  15. Graham

This is a sql report.
  16. Graham

SQL report
  17. Graham

SQL report
  18. Graham

SQL report where diabetes and systolic < 140 and diastolic < 90
  19. Graham

Obviously there are a lot more but this covers the minimum set required to pass this test.
  20. Graham

So, I had added the automatic capture of the smoking status as a PQRI event, and also when one saves the BMI as another.
    Another small button on the consult editor has been added to explicitly capture other PQRI interventions .. I've added a few but not all.

Finally I have created a set of rules to be used as HMGs that will remind you on some of the PQRIs.