Macros Windows - ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

New Betas have lost the highlighting of the text being replaced. see .jpg

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

OK. Noted in bug list.
  3. Jason

Love the new Replace Text function on the macros. Super Fast/Flexible. Best of both worlds.

Attached Files:

4. Jason

Subtab Frequent should be the default tab, not all.

Attached Files:

5. Jason

Suggestions.

Attached Files:

6. Jason

Q: should we have a >>Custom>>Macros>> subtabs ?

ie.Default, Custom1, Custom2, Custom3 Tabs ?
  7. Graham

I'd like to wait and see what words people come up with first before going that far.

BTW, there is no need for "him" "her" ... Synapse always did do this automatically. Also includes: she/he, and his/her
  8. Graham

That is to say, if your macro uses the male form always, then Synapse will replace with the female form appropriately.

9. Jason

That would be impossible ? Q: is it auto substituting he for she ... if it did then what if I was talking about a male doctor ( he ) about a female patient. "He is going to order an MRI if there is any clinical deterioration".
  10. Graham

No one has come across that problem so far !

11. Jason

Right-O Mrs. Graham Chiu.

:)
  12. Jason

Peppier, more flexible method of Macro Text selecting and replacing.

I like this paradigm better. I'd prefer to "punch out" all the macro text I want to document into the consult window. This might consist of many different "macros". I might have a disease macro, a management macro, a patient-specific HMG macro, a lab macro, a whatever-the-hell-I-want macro" and I want the text to appear in the consult window.

I then want to highlight it all and blast through with the Text Replacing.

VERY COOL.

[:)]

This would also allow me to more easily do multiple-macro visits. This would also be more fluid, as I could go back and forth from the consult to the text-replacing window. Plus I could do some clicking while talking to a patient ... save [ie. Accept it] and then go back later and finish the rest ! (huge bonus). This functionality would also work well for my nurse doing a certain amount of stuff ... etc. Maybe I could even look at my schedule for the day ... and start notes on patients ... and then get the nurse to complete the macros I laid out for her. [:)]

Attached Files:

13. Jason

Re: Peppier, more flexible method of Macro Text selecting and replacing.

Time to make the peppy Text Replacing even peppier.

Of Note: picking a different macro after starting text replacing of another macro breaks the text replacement. Another break is that you can't go back to the top of the text and "restart" any text replacing you skipped.

Attached Files:

14. Graham

I want to keep the macro select window as it is also the way to modify the macros.

However, I can utilize the spare space on the tabs so it looks like [Frequent][All][Replace]

So, you can insert multiple macros into the consult window, then flick to the [Replace] to start replacing all the text.
  15. Graham

Try R207B2 ... but I'm not sure I would want to go thru large amonts of text replacing like this. Short blocks of text .. yes.

16. Jason

I like the better placement of the Frequent Tab.

<strike>I triedthe ReplaceTab ... how is it supposed to work ? :)</strike>

<strike>Q: is the Replace Tab supposed to be where the Macro Text goes to first before you click on the </strike>

Wait. I figured it out.

It's great. "In line" (vs. macro popup) text replacing. It's great ! Never mind the bulky macro popup.

Why prey tell don't you love this.

17. Jason

18. Jason

Since this will open up the possibility of "doing" one macro ... then selecting another ... and doing it ... we need for when the macro hunter finds no more macros to replace (ie. the end) .. it needs to blank itself. Since my last macro in my pharyngitis template is *viral* ... it ends with that.

So when I add another macro, ie. UTI ... hitting [Replace Text] doesn't work forthe second macro.

I love this Macro Text.
  19. Graham

Please explain what doesn't work ...
  20. Jason

Select a macro ... it goes to the Macro Window .. click Accept, use the Replace Tab to do the "In Consult" text replacement. Text Replacing is finished. Select another macro .... it goes to the Macro Window .. click Accept, hit Replace Text .. nothing happens (it is also showing the replacement text from then end of the first macro.