Macros Windows - ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

[quote user="samlock"]<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Macros: The *n* free text pick-list is great. But
    the Pop-up text is away from the target area of the main text, and
    visually, you need to glance back and forth to pinpoint which part of
    the text you&rsquo;re at. Do you find this distracting? Would an in-line pop-up be better ?

[/quote]

Macros are great.

Yes it is somewhat distracting. Yes an in-line popup would be better - would be a major improvement.

This
    is an example of core function that needs some easy tweaking. We've
    done the hard part of macros but haven't tidied up the easy stuff.

I"ve made suggestions regarding this before, or maybe i never posted it.
  2. Jason

ideas.

Attached Files:

3. Jason

Please note: I use two monitors for synapse and I have can just move the macro popup and still read the text I am replacing.

[:)]

Two monitors is the bomb.

4. Jason

I think there are two methods of displaying the macro's text more effectively to know what is being replaced. Possibly both methods could be used simultaneously.

Method A: Only display near *n* (*n* = text to be replaced)

Method B: Only entire text above *n*

Graham: hard to do ?

Any other suggestions ?

To gain this real estate, we need to get the macro choosing done on a previous popup. I would want a one click macro selection with my top 20 (user definable) macro templates visible, as well as being able to search or manually select via the "Class" drop down menu. I think putting all three

(1) Top 20 macros

(2) search

(3) Class dropdown all in one screen would be great !

Attached Files:

5. Jason

If the macro choosing is done on a previous screen, we can move the "Update Template", "Save New" and "Replace *" buttons there.

If there was a "dedicated" macro selection template: I suggest the word "GO" instead of the lame "Replace *".

If we could do all three macro selection methods in one screen, I believe we'd have the best EMR macro template selection method out there.

:)
  6. Jason

We could put in a FAV button as well to make the "Top 20" macros more accessible.

Attached Files:

7. Jason

Let's get rid of the "barrage" of template buttons on the consult window.

Attached Files:

8. Jason

Q: Should the both the Macros and Templates be merged into a "Super Chooser" ?

In the end they are really just two methods of implanting text into the Consult window.

Although the templates are soooo pretty.

[:)]

9. Jason

Looking cleaner already.

I think it's also fair to put all the "Patient Information" buttons in a popup because ... they are all better accessed from the FUNCTION KEYS anyway. If someone is to lazy to learn the popups (which are so great), they two clicks to get the information is OK.

Attached Files:

10. Jason

We could also leave the "Patient Information" buttons on the window ... but make they small (smaller font) (not full name) -- ie.

[Dx][Surg][Rx][RxHx][T][Ref]
  11. Jason

Graham: what overhead / liabilities would come from some small icons for things like [Dx][Surg][Rx][RxHx][T][Ref] ?

12. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

The buttons at the top serve different functionality from the ones in the tab. The ones at top show all, the tab ones are supposed to select the normal macros for these systems.

13. Jason

If you want to have "All Normal" macros then there should be no popup.

One click.

(boom). (text is in the consult window.)

14. samlock

samlock New Member

Jason: You've certainly have some great ideas.

One thing I'd like to see is the UPDATE and SAVE NEW function to beavailable only from the CUSTOM tabs, just like Templates.
    Otherwise, it's too easyto accidentaly overwrite a Macro whileentering a Consult. UPDATE and SAVE should probably be Privileged operations from a security standpoint. Or to be flexible, each user could have their own Personal set of MACROS. Did Graham put UPDATE and SAVE in the CONSULT section to make it super easy for users to make and save Macros on the fly ??

15. samlock

samlock New Member

On the MACROS, There is a CLASS and SEARCH field.

What does SEARCH do: I type in Ear, or Viral, and it appears to bring up Macros that containthat word. Does the key word have to be in the title, or can it be in the body of the Macro.

What does CLASS do? Does each MACRO have to belong to a CLASS? I noticed when we use SEARCH, it doesn't restrictthe search to just one class.

16. Graham

Yes, I did.
  17. Graham

The class is there to allow you to bring up on the buttons a class of macro eg. ENT etc.

Search works on both the body and title.

18. qilin

qilin Member

I second this. Graham mentioned the two set of buttons serve different purposes. My suggestion: merge the two sets, default select normal exam when opening macro popup windows, click accept to input normal exam, select from the list to accept a macro for a certain disease.
  19. Jason

Graham, How hard would it be to merge the macro chooser window (dictionary function) INTO the Macro text window .. as seen here ..

[​IMG]

20. Graham

Too much work for me at present.