Macro text substituion doesn't work in SOAP mode

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jerry, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Text substitution macros are not working in SOAP mode. The bright green text replacement box stays "hidden" behind the "Function Description" panel, but I can see an edge of it to the left. If I click on that green edge, it brings the text replacement box to the foreground, but it doesn't work.

I made a screenshot of the "green edge" of it before bringing it to the foreground.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Text substitution macros are not working in SOAP mode. The bright green text replacement box stays "hidden" behind the "Function Description" panel, but I can see an edge of it to the left. If I click on that green edge, it brings the text replacement box to the foreground, but it doesn't work.

I made a screenshot of the "green edge" of it before bringing it to the foreground.
  3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Yes, I think that is correct.

The text macros were originally designed as a start to finish documentation mode so that's why they only work in the full screen mode.

To work in SOAP mode, one would have to add an additional classification feature to optionally assign a macro to one of the 4 modes so it knows where to look.

Another option is to use the full screen mode, and then convert it to SOAP by inserting the SOAP headers but that's a little ugly.

I'll have a think about it.
  4. Graham

Re: Macro text substitution doesn't work in SOAP mode

It may be possible to highlight one of the soap panels to make it the active panel.

This might make it possible for macros, and text insertions to only work on the active panel rather than attempting to be smart about where the text is inserted.
  5. Graham

Ok, I have added the facility to convert a full screen note into a SOAP note.

The point is for Jerry is that once it is in the component form, he can put the SOAP elements into an Acroform.

I'll upload it shortly.
  6. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Cool.
  7. Graham

Jerry

Not saying I will do it .. but what about an accordion type system for the SOAP notes ... like the accordion type structure on the notes themselves.

So, you would have only one part of the SOAP note active, and expanded, at a time. More screen space for the open section, but you can't see the other parts in a glance.
  8. Graham

Infact it makes little sense to have both modes available concurrently.

I should make it one or the other and a button to toggle between the two .. freeing up another tab.