KnowBrainer Review of NaturallySpeaking Ver. 10

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software Tips and Suggestions' started by Tom Hamilton, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Tom Hamilton

Tom Hamilton New Member

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">I know there are some DNS users here so I hope you enjoy the review.<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">If you would like to read the KnowBrainer 7 page pictorial preliminary review of DNS 10 click here: NaturallySpeaking 10 Forum Review.<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: 150%; text-align: center">KnowBrainer Support Staff &ndash; Tom Hamilton
    A Nuance Gold Certified Endorsed Vendor
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I presume Synapse is not one of the EMRs recognized by DNS 10 where the dictation is disabled, and where your only remedy is to upgrade to DNS Medical 10 ?

3. Tom Hamilton

Tom Hamilton New Member

The EMR programs that suffer from this are easy to separate. When you try to dictate into the program the mic iconwill turn red. We are working on a work a round.
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Perhaps something that randomizes the window title [H]
  5. Tom Hamilton

Tom Hamilton New Member

"You will not be able to dictate into most EMR software with Standard, Preferred, Pro, or Even Legal 10 because Nuance has disabled microphone input. In other words if you mouse click into most EMR applications like eClinicalWorks, NextGen, S.O.A.P. Notes, Amazing Charts, eMDs etc. NaturallySpeaking will disabled microphone input so you not only won't have Select-&amp;-Say, you won't even be able to dictate or utilize the Dictation Box feature. Please note that we will be adding a feature to KnowBrainer 2008 to work around this issue with Notepad but this limitation is still disturbing.

If you want to know if your EMR product is going to be disabled, simply send us an e-mail at EMR Test and put the name of your EMR application in the subject line. Because we are using DNS Pro 10, when we click the Reply button the message window will take on the name of the subject line and if eClinicalWorks is in the subject line, we will not be able to verbally reply to your message because the microphone will be disabled. If you so much as save a document with the name Amazing Charts, your NaturallySpeaking microphone will be disabled within 2 seconds of saving the document unless you are using Dragon Medical 10 (new name). Even DNS Pro 10 will no longer work in most medical EMR software. We don't know how this will shake out but you might want to discuss this with your EMR application providers. Working around the issue may be as simple as changing the eClinicalWorks name on the window to Medical but it's beginning to look like consumer radar detectors versus police radar guns all over again (radar wars) and who really wants to be in the middle of that mess. Please know that we are doing everything we can to get this undesirable feature removed but no guarantees [​IMG]"

Grahm,

This message was posted by Lunis on 8/13/08. Send us an E-Mail on the EMR test link and I'll get back to you. Sorry about this crazy font.[:$]

KnowBrainer, Inc. Support Staff &ndash; Tom Hamilton
  6. laumansm

laumansm New Member

I am using DNS successfully with Synapse. See my glorious notes on the demo server. Marius