Inbox - Sort by Surname is not preserved after Filing an item.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jason, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

My inbox today has 75 items.

When I get to over 20 items, it seems that there are many items from the same patient. In this case, I have decided to use the Sort by Surname function, as I tend to deal with inbox items differently when there are multiple items. Sort by Surname is great.

However .... after filing the first person's item, the Sorted by Surname is gone.

Q: Can it be preserved ?
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

There is no way at present for me to control the sorting outside of clicking on the table headers.

3. Jason

Can't you save the Desired View to be "Sort by Surname, descending" and when I File something, refresh/redraw the screen each time according to me desired view ?

I guess not.

Certainly it should be a needed thing in a table widget.

Who makes the table widget ?

[:)]
  4. Graham

it's a rebgui thing.

5. Jason

I have worked out one hopefully easy idea.

I have noticed a problem that the most recently scanned items are at the top. I think it should be the other way around.

do able ?

6. Graham

it's like that because my idea was sometimes you need to leave stuff to later, and so it's better to have the recent stuff at top.

This order is not changeable because it is set at the server side. Maybe later on the table will be able to preserve the sort order.
  7. Jason

I found a solid work around. The inbox highlight will stay at the bottom, if you work from the bottom up.

It would appear as if we might need an Inbox "To Do later" functionality.