Hylafax setup

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by Graham, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

This is my current setup. I have a 12 year old HP Pavilion using AMD K6 processor, and running OpenSuse ( I think ). It is connected to an external Motorola Lifestyle 28.8 fax modem. The fax line is then connected to the Linksys ATA (SPA2102). The 3Com switch shares the internet from the SPA2102, and the SPA2102 is connected directly to the Motorola cable modem.

The SPA2102 has two voice lines and the T.38 fax codec. The single line is split with a splitter so I can use it for voice if I need to ... but I am not at present. But it is used by my Verifone 3750 eftpos terminal.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Here's a diagram of my hylafax setup. I'm using ubuntu server edition, and I have installed X-windows, and a window manager to make life easier (so I can use GUI programs). I am using Comcast's Digital Clear Voice VoIP, and I have two lines. Faxing seems to work just fine with it.

Attached Files:

3. alpesh

alpesh New Member

if anyone wants i can offer my fax serve in luni as a clone. maybe we should have a share space like on dropbox.com or somewhere. i can donate smoe space once i setup ftp server if anyone likes to share stuff
  4. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Graham has set up a way to share templates, which would be cool. I just starting using Dropbox again... I didn't realize it can sync files between shared computers as well as to the Dropbox website, both actions independently. Some method of file sharing between use would be good.... Graham has been promoting/using/doing this for a long time and might have some other ideas too. I wonder if your clone would run on a Sheeva plug "appliance" computer?
  5. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Not yet as the Sheeva plug uses an ARM processor and there is no recent builds of REBOL for that platform. But I am pushing to have that build created by Rebol Technologies.