How to demo

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by don, Nov 11, 2010.

1. don

don New Member

Hello I am the admin for a doctor's office currently using medinotes-e and medinotes clinician (peakpractice). Because these products are being sunsetted by the new Allscripts company who owns them, we are forced to find a new solution. Something web-based like Medinotes clinician is preferable as it makes remote access very easy with no client-side installation requirements. I am trying to find out what Synapse is and how I can try it. Where am I able to demo it? Thanks.
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Hi Don

Synapse is internet based, but doesn't use the web browser as the primary interface simply because the browser is not yet a rich enough client, and it's a popular vector for malware and viruses. So, you have to download and install the Synapse client, but it can run on any internet connected PC.

You can download the client from http://www.compkarori.com/emr/synapse.exe

and it should allow you to connect to our demo server. The "Links" tab has links to various video tutorials.

If you need help, just sing out.
  3. don

don New Member

Graham:

Thanks for the response. I am currently unable to try the demo as I am not near a windows machine and unfortunately it is not running well through WINE. Do you only offer the program for users of windows? I run mainly linux. This is why I feel a web-based solution would be ideal, as there would be no requirements or installations on the client side, other than a functional and up to date web browser.
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Don

I did have a Linux build but there was no interest so I did not maintain it. As far as I can remember, there isn't anything that is specific to Windows.

I think Jerry has been using Synapse on Wine ... if he has had issues, I don't recall what they were.

I just don't see how a browser based solution can be as functional as I want. I'm not aware of any popular EMRs out there that use a browser as the main GUI. They will use Java or Adobe Air.

What exactly are the problems you have noticed on Wine?