Good Friday: My mom got a Stent in her LAD - 99.9% blocked.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

My mom calls me (69 yo female) Thursday 4pm between patients. She rarely calls during office hours.

"Can't pick up Darren, Don't feel so good".

"OK, what's wrong ?"

"My Chest feels tight, I can't get comfortable".

"Since when?"

"I was at the store at 2:30 buying Darren some juice, but I felt tightness in my chest, I couldn't wait to pay for the juice, so I just left". "By the time I got to the car, I wanted to take off my bra, but there was a lady in the car next to me and I wanted to wait, but then all of sudden I couldn't wait and I undid it". (Note to MDs: Female Heart Disease Tip: Did you take your bra off because of the Chest Pain ?" )

"I drove home and I've been here for an hour and a half and I can't get comfortable, I don't think I am up to taking care of Darren".

(She claims she would have never called me if she didn't have to pick up and take care of Darren).

4:45: Mom in the Emerg

6:15 ER doc calls me first troponin .18 , ST elevation in V1,V2, resolved with nitro drip and metoprolol.

8:00 University Hospital accepts her for an angiogram, "last patient before they close for Holiday Weekend".

9:00 arrives at University Hospital

11:00pm - Angiogram below.

11:15pm - Bare Metal Stent placed in LAD - Diagnosis 99.9% blockage, with trickle flow forward.

6:30am - back to Community Hospital.

Fri 11:00 am - CK 1500, Troponin 50.

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Good job you got her to the emergency dept in time. And surprisingly how little pain she had.

I take it your mom is not your patient though ...

PS: I'm now thinking I'm almost old enough to be Jason's dad! How depressing [:'(]
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Well, it'll take me 2 lifetimes to learn your skills

[:)]