Faxing in Synapse - which product to integrate ?

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

The OCR would be used to AutoFile Documents.

The staff time savings that comes from Automatically filing patient items is the most obvious ROI ever.

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Jason

Just purchase an SDK ( for me ) and a single user license ... ( for you ), and I'll see what I can do !

3. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Graham,

If a few people were interested (well, I guess around 6), at say, $20 / month, the investment would be paid off in a year. The numbers could be juggled around some, I suppose, but maybe it's possible to see how many people would be interested in addition to Jason. Even though I am in urgent care as an employee, so not having many incoming faxes, I will place myself on the list (if a list develops) because I believe in making synapse the best we can make it.
  4. Graham

Jerry

I think you misunderstand.

12 x $120 = $1440. That will not even cover the cost of Jason's server's license for Nuance's OCR software. Each synapse-server will need this license.

And there's the SDK I need which is $5k.

5. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Graham, Yes, I did misunderstand. I thought you could run Nuance on a single server of yours and charge a monthly fee or something, and not have to get the SDK. How is the accuracy of Leadtools?
  6. Jason

Signed up for a month trial.

I have 100 free sent pages and 200 free received pages.

Attached Files:

7. Graham

Let me guess .. you never got Hylafax working!

8. Jason

Haven't tried.

Going to.