Documentation wanted

Discussion in 'Documentation & Training Resources' started by Graham, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Looking to help out ?

This thread is for people who want to write some documentation as part of their "workware" committments, or, who want some documentation written.

First off ... I've noticed that some people have difficulty setting up NAT so that they can access their servers from home.

So, .. needed, short tutorial ( generic router ) on how to setup your router to allow remote access. Port knocking and other esoterica not required!

Post your tutorial somewhere, or ask for an account on the wiki ..
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

3. Jason

basically done.

any users wanting help with this can email me.

4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Looking good .. now to see if anyone will try this to see if they can follow it thru to success!

5. Jason

if anyone has problems please comment here - thank you.

6. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

I'm just investigating Hamachi. As you all know by now, I'm a bit of a Linux-o-phile. I discovered that there are 3 open source Hamachi GUI frontends for Linuxon http://sourceforge.net, i.e., Quamachi, hamachi-gui, and YAHG. Quamachi appears to maybe be the best, and requires python and some qt stuff - probably will be included in a fairly high percentage of Linux distros. I haven't tried Hamachi yet, but thanks for that great tutorial on networking, Jason. My home network is a bit complicated and I want to run my synapse server from the interior of my home office network. Sounds like Hamachi should do the trick.