Demo Competition

Discussion in 'Rebol' started by MaxV, Apr 14, 2011.

?

Do you like to have a demo competition?

1. YES!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. MaxV

MaxV Member

What you think of a demo competition? No, real prize, just honor ;)
    I found this:
    Official Contest Rules

Here are the rules for the REBOL demo contest:
    • Create a demo program that is cool, or useful, or both useful and cool. Graphics, sounds, interactivity, servers, messaging, etc. are all allowed.
    • Demo code must run properly on the REBOL/View 1.3.2 release so anyone can try it.
    • Program must be 32KB or less, including all data. However, we do allow demos that may open/download not rebol script files, such as JPEG, WAV, GIF, etc.
    • Contest is open to everyone... users, non-users, artists, perl coders, antarcticans, you name it.
    • The deadline for demo submissions is 30-Jun-2011/23:59+0:00.
    • By posting your demo, you agree to allow it to be published, distributed, redistributed (in any form or media), downloaded, copied, read, used, etc. free of charge or notification. You still own it and hold the copyright, etc. We suggest that you use MIT or BSD licenses, but any license that allows the above terms will be accepted.
    • You must own the right to publish your script and all its related contents (images, sounds, data).
    • We reserve the right to remove demos for inappropriate content or violation of the rules.

What do you think?
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Hehe. The original contest demo required no GPL code but Carl relaxed that requirement! I'm too busy though .. maybe we can have a best Rebol3 extension contest instead?
    And we all make donations to create a prize?
  3. MaxV

MaxV Member

Well, I would prefer to popularize Rebol2.
    At the moment, even I can't use Rebol3. I tried many times on Windows to start the GUI, but I fail every time.
    However I think that no prize is necessary, just to involve people. Rebol audience is very limited at the moment: just 225 people on Facebook, I'd like to increase it.