Creating and printing a Superbill

Discussion in 'Documentation & Training Resources' started by Graham, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

<p class="MsoNormal">To create
    and print a Superbill, you need to first need to make sure that you have either
    a PostScript printer on your network, or, have installed the Rops PostScript
    viewer. Other PostScript viewers like
    Ghostview will likely work. You need to
    have the optional PostScript font package installed. See here for more information.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">The Synapse
    EMR superbill has the following components<o:p></o:p>

1. <li class="MsoNormal" style="">Patient details<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Procedures tracking<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Office injections administered<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Radiology ordered<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Laboratory orders<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Diagnosis/Assessment<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Level visit<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Follow up <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">To allow
    Synapse EMR to create the Superbill automatically for you, you need to use the
    various templates that include the CPT and ICD9 codes. These can be downloaded from the online
    library from the Custom/Templates tab, using the “Online Library” button.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">These
    templates can then be altered to suit your own practice. At the time of this writing, the ASSESSMENT
    template does not have the ICD9 codes associated with them. You can add them yourself by editing and
    then saving the template.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">Let’s take
    a walk through on creating a Superbill.
    If you don’t have the templates referred to, you will need to download
    them as above.<o:p></o:p>

1. <li class="MsoNormal" style="">Select a patient<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Create a new consultation or
      encounter ( Patients/Consults – “Add New” -> “Followup”<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Click on the blank consult to
      enter the consult editor<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Select the Template tab<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style="">Choose the template named “INVESTIGATIONS:
      - blood CPT”<o:p></o:p><li class="MsoNormal" style=""><span style="" lang="EN-US">Tick a couple of blood tests,
      and then “Save”<o:p></o:p></s
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As you know I am out of town and using an onboard connection. Very slow.

I am glad to see the work continues. When you are ready, it will be good for the autoinstaller to be updated to allow the complete build 166 to be loaded with the Rops program included. So that multiple clients can be configured off say a network file or off a thumb drive to hasten installation.

I'm sure this is in the works.

I look forward to trying the newest versions when I have access to a high speed connection.

Your progress is excellent. KT
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KT - Glad you're enjoying the smooth waters and still having time to check in. We're hoping to wrap-up and release a complete InstallShield Client &amp; Server installation later today which will be posted onto the Downloads Page and noted under this post with probably a News Item.

Please check back later today for an update.

Nick