control PaperPort

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software Tips and Suggestions' started by milan, Mar 27, 2009.

1. milan

milan New Member

I'm working as a GP in Slovenia. I've been developing EMR with focus on general practice for a few years now. It's modular in design and we are trying to automate/speedup repetitive and time consuming tasks at first (printing prescriptions, referrals, coding, billing etc). As a companion program I use Paperport 11 w. fujitsu-6130 to scan/OCR all incoming documents. I manually switch between programs and search PP folders: eg Smith John born 1947 has PP folder 'smith.john_1947'. It's still much quicker than shuffling paper. On more than one occasion I was browsing emrupdate.com where I found docs with similar setups.

"... DrMurdoch

replied on

10-08-2008 9:27 AM

.... Graham can help you with PaperPort's COM interface if you want to control PaperPort..." I would apprecciate any information about controling PP from my primary app. When 'John Smith' is in my office he's identified via barcode on his paper record or his e-health card or from a schedule. I want to open his folder in PP from emr and start scanning.

If you can point me to some direction or any information I would be grateful.

Milan
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: control PaperPort

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'"> PublicSubOpenLegacyPaperPort()

IfMyPatientIsNothingThenReturn

DimppaAsObject= CreateObject("Paperport.Application")

DimppdAsNewPaperPortFolderLib.PaperPortDiskFolder

ppa.show()

DimpathAsString= ("J:\EMRx\desktop\Charts\" + Left(MyPatient.surname, 1) + "\" + Beautify(MyPatient.surname) + " " + Beautify(MyPatient.firstname))

IfDirectory.Exists(path)Then

ppa.ItemGoto(path + "\abc")

Else

<font face="Courier New" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'"> ppd.BindToPath("J:\EMRx\desktop\C
  3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

... the first character of the surname is used to form the path. The itemGoto command references a file abc, which doesn&rsquo;t need to exist. This forces opening of the appropriate PP directory....

The above is VB code .. I don't use VB code but that should get you going.
  4. milan

milan New Member

That was quick ! Thank you

I'm forwarding this to my programer right now.
  5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Can you tell use more about your EMR ?

Any screenshots ?