Consult ID in mp3 filename ?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jason, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Should the consult ID be put in the mp3 dictation filename ? I was browsing through the database tables and I saw that each consult has a unique number .. that's great !

[​IMG] It would help the problem if there are two dictations on the same day.

The current mp3 filenaming ... 1545-29-Oct-2006.mp3 is destined for collisions.

I propose

Dict-Consult-ConsultID-patientNumber-Date.mp3

Dict-Consult- is just a header.

actually make it .. start with the patientNumber ... for standardization purposes.

patientNumber-Dict-Consult-ConsultID-Date.mp3

I added the word consult for two reasons (1) there might be things other than consults dictated (in other locations) in Synapse in the future, (2) so the consultID number makes sense.

===

While talking about ConsultID, on the consult Tab, it's referred to as a "Record", I'd call it ConsultNum.

Attached Files:

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

There's no possibility of name collisions as when the server receives the file, it checks to see if there is a name collision and renames it if there is.

The names are really irrelevant as they are indexed by their md5 signature. The md5 signature is stored in the files database and then links back to the file name.

Check it out by trying to upload several dictations for the same patient.
  3. Jason

What if I alter the .mp3 file while it's in the \cache-listener\ directory ?
  4. Graham

Well, you shouldn't do that. Synapse server will not be able to find it.

5. Jason

Ah ! Important to know.

I take it that applies to all filetypes, including .pdf.

6. Graham

Sure ... all the files there are part of the database. Alter them and you destroy the links.

7. Jason

I guess only trouble makers like me are in there.
  8. Jason

Good idea !