Complete (EMR and PM) synapse system for USA docs - EZclaim integration

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by alpesh, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: complete synapse system for usa docs

Since patients are linked on the EZclaims patient ID, then any superbills posted to the Synapse server from the web portal can NOT be sent back to EZclaims until that patient is in both systems.

So, if a patient is entered via the web portal, and a superbill posted, then that superbill remains unsent until the patient has been added to EZclaims and replicated over the existing patient.

If the patient is added incorrectly in EZclaims, then the replication will fail ending up in duplicate patients and the superbill will not get imported into EZclaims.

So perhaps I need to add a link to show the un-posted superbills for patients that are not yet in Ezclaims.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Why would this happen ?

Patients that are added to EZclaims, aren't automatically added to Synapse ?
  3. Graham

Patient is added to Synapse via the web portal ( imported from an xml dump )

Patient is then hand entered into Ezclaims with the wrong date of birth.

The bridge does not find a match and so adds the patient again to Synapse db.

We end up with duplicate patients because the data entry was incorrect.
  4. Jason

Is EZclaims architecture too hard to have a User Sync with ?

How about all patients are first entered into EZclaims and then populate Synapse with new EZclaims entries ?
  5. Graham

The original request was that .. to enter the patients into ezclaims and to populate synapse from there.

6. Graham

I've now released the test daemon that syncs demographics to synapse in the cloud, and superbill charges back to ezclaims either from the synapse client, or from charges created on the web portal.

EZclaims has a way of creating the $ charge per CPT, but I haven't found out where this data is stored yet. So, CPTs are all charged at $0.0 and have to be fixed manually. I guess this is because I haven't entered any CPT codes in the system yet .. it doesn't seem to come with any by default.

Attached Files:

7. Graham

Update.

Have released v5 which does a lookup of the CPT charges if in the billing table library, and uses those if it finds them there.

Also, created a GUI that downloads patients not yet in EZclaims and imports them after first allowing you to check for duplicate entries.
  8. Jason

Screenshot !
  9. Graham

Too messy after I de-identify the screens!

10. Jason

Settings Page.

Attached Files:

11. Graham

We had a good run yesterday.

About 60 patients or so were entered into Synapse via the web portal ( patient data is parsed out of an XML dump provided by the hospital's java based EHR system ).

We then ran the EZsync to download them all, check for duplicates, and then import the rest.

Went without a hitch.
  12. Jason

Ideally things like this could benefit from a GUI to "Review the Import" before committing it.

13. Graham

That's what the duplicate scan does ... it checks first for any issues before doing the final import.
  14. Jason

Is the EZclaim bridge complete ?

Alpesh, did u get it going ?

15. Graham

It's in use. It has the following functions:

1. replicate patients added to EZclaims to Synapse automatically.

2 update demographics in Synapse if changed in EZclaims

3. import superbills automatically from Synapse

4. use a button to import patients from Synapse into Ezclaims,
  16. Jason

People familiar with EZclaim will enjoy the predominant direction of EZClaim to Synapse.

Glad to hear the bridge is going well.

Attached Files:

17. qilin

qilin Member

My PM system provider has changedthe name of the PM system from Perfectcare to Chartmaker Practice Manager, to help promoting their Chartmaker Clinical EMR (http://sticomputer.com/products.php). They are also converting the database from Adaptive Server Anywhere to MS SQL. The office what recommended this PM to me has upgraded to the new version in order to use e-scribing. STI has not notified me about the update. Maybe in the near future, after they complete the update to all the users, I can ask Graham to take a look at the possibility of a bridge between Synapse and Chartmaker PM.
  18. Jason

Sounds like it would be worth it for you qilin.

I am going to get Graham to do the same for me and my PM (Klinix) I think.

For me, I feel that I would benefit from having my patient's appointments right in Synapse.

Simple (but important) things like:

(1) Asking for a patient to be recalled.

(2) Appointment-specific "To Dos" and flags and notes.

(3) Super Fast Booking, a good quick appointment scheduler is the #1 priority.

(4) a more patient-centric view while scheduling, overdue ticklers for that patient, etc.

- the workflow I want is: (1) find out who is calling, (2) switch to that patient, (3) book the patient.

(5) some PM Lite things, clinically focused, but office efficiency focused too.

(6) still researching.

I am very surprised how terrible most schedulers are.

I don't think my ideas are anything but common sense, but seeing another scheduler do it would give me more reassurance ! I will continue to review other schedulers.

I am very interested in what other users would like to see in a revamped Synapse Apppointments Tab.

I am also considering the possibility of a standalone Appointments program (note: the appointments information would show up on the Synapse Appts tabs still, but the appointments would be booked in a standalone buddy program). Essentially what I am doing is coming up with a basic proposal to give to Graham and to figure out (1) how possible is it, (2) how much is it going to cost !

Please let your needs be known.

I am going to ask everyone what their needs are more formally, but if everyone could give a quick blurb about (1) would like to book appointments and do recalls in a Synapse Scheduler ? Are you using the current one at all ? What would some of your ideas be for a revamped Synapse Appointment Scheduler ?

If you view a "PM" system as Billing and Everything else, if Synapse could do some PM-like functions, then an EZclaims-powered Synapse would have all the benefits of an "integrated" PM without the cost !

See the concept below:

Attached Files:

19. qilin

qilin Member

I am currently using Synapse for scheduling. My former receptionist had a lot of complains. My previous office and the office I sublease space from use Chartmaker PMS (former PerfectCare) for scheduling. Their interface is more user friendly. One feature they have is the ability to list more than one physician's schedule on one screen side by side. I choose Synapse for scheduling is because I need it's remote performance. Maybe I can get some screenshots from Chartmaker PMS and see if some of the features can be add to Synapse.
  20. Jason

How often do you need that ... why do you need that ?

I suspect they are similar to mine. Please list them as best you can. Since you are using the scheduler, please keep me in the loop as to what you want. I think many things I will outline are things you will want.

Please do !