Client Build 203 beta-1

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

2. Graham

3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-65

What is MindTouch ? Never seen it before.

Why did you pick that ?

4. Graham

I have mentioned it before .. it's a mediawiki derivative that has been heavily guified so that you don't need to remember the markup codes.

I'm using it because
    • It's free up to 5 users
    • You can create your own knowledgebase
    • It allows me to attach .exe which mediawiki does not
    • I can have versioning of the exes as well
    • It's an appliance .. so just runs as another vmware appliance on my 2003 server
    • Because it's an appliance, I don't have to worry about it tanking my server.
  5. Graham

Oh yeah .. when I power up the appliance, it autoupdates if necessary.

6. Jason

Neat.

how would .exes be used ? I dont follow that. Oh. or do you just mean attaching synapse.exe files ?
  7. Graham

You can probably modify the list of files that can be uploaded to mediawiki to allow .exes but it won't provide versioning that mindtouch does.

8. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-66

Client R203B66
    1. Fixes the browser view of a file with embedded spaces in the name
    2. Adds two new printing template types
      1. A request form for labs, radiology that does not disclose the patient diagnoses/medications
      2. A letter addressed to the patient
    See http://www.compkarori.co.nz:8010/Beta_Downloads ( down for maintenance for a few hours ).
  9. Graham

10. Jason

my oh my that loads slow.

from clicking that URL to loading ... 25 seconds ?
  11. Graham

Yeah .. the server is somewhat low on ram .. need to find some cheap ECC ram ( DDR400 )

12. Jason

25 seconds ... must be more than just RAM ??
  13. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-67, Server 72 beta-12

See beta download site for details.

This is a major redo of the consult editor ... removed all the duplicated buttons ( well, they had different functions - normal ROS, normal Exam, and all macros ), and now merged into one table .. where the functionality is controlled by a set of radio buttons.

The HMGs and Ticklers are now above the consult editor so you can't miss them .. as I was doing.

Frequently used macros are shown in a Frequent table. Each time you accept a macro, it increments a used counter in the Exams database table ( freq ) field. This functionality was planned from the onset, and is now being implemented. You get to see the top 100 used macros.

But the frequency counter is shared by *all* the users. You don't have your own personal frequencies.
  14. Jason

will check it out. sounds interesting :)

15. Graham

Hmm. Not always updating the frequency counters .. time for a little debugging.
  16. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-68

Now fixed.

Also, when you now click on the HMGs, it shows the rule, and the URL link.

17. Jason

I liked the cleaned up macros.

I like the idea of having one click access to the wonderful popups (ie. manage diagnoses, etc.) I don't like that they are a list and i really don't like the fact there is a scroll bar. I don't think windows users would be accustomed to the fact that clicking on a list like this would bring up a popup. Not a big deal I guess.

Function key are the best method regardless and are easy to learn :)

18. Graham

Your tick is on the wrong tab! That tab you have shown is unchanged.

The list means I can add other functions so remembering the function key settings is not required,

Looks like function key settings are screwed - the gui toolkit is still not fully stable [:(]

19. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-69

Now fixed.

20. qilin

qilin Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-69

What I like: duplicate macro buttons are removed

What I don't like:
    1. I was able to click [neuro] button and paste my most used macro - 2 clicks, Now I have to click "Macro" tab first - 3 clicks
    2. Too much space used for managing list and ticklers list

I think Rx & Dx, managing list, and ticklers are more global and should not be put in consult edit window. Consult edit window should be used primarily for consult input and should reserve most screen space for the consult. I suggest: combine Rx & Dx and managing list, move this and ticklers list to the main "Consults" tab. This way the "consults" tab serves as a clinical summary window. The size of the consult content can be reduced since it's a preview anyway - or add a scroll bar for the content - double click to open consult edit window instead of single click.
    In consult edit window, must-use macros or templates should be on the screen and not burried under tabs. I would prefer a layout I showed your guys before, or by default, bring "Macros" tab to the front, integrate "Hx" tab to the "Macros" tab, so whole input process can be completed with less clicks.