Client Build 203 beta-1

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-31

What do you mean here?

Markup = apply some custom Font sizes, italics .. etc ?
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I take it you glossed over my post [:(]
  3. Jason

heh. who me ?

I see. Maybe you could post some .jpgs of the fancy body text.

Sorry.. I am busy chatting with Francis on synapsechat.
  4. qilin

qilin Member

Very Very Nice. The preview window shows some overlapping but the printout looks fine. Just afraid this might be still too complicated for general users. I wonder if it's just easier to let the user select fields and sequence of fields to be included in the consult and send the result to word, it's so much easier to format everything in word. I can replace the normal.dot template in word with a different one with letterhead. Then all it's need is to manually paste a footer/header with patient name and consult date. Of course, if mail mergecan beused, letter generating is just one click.
  5. Graham

Yeah .. the preview window is getting further and further away from the actual printout [:(]

I'm not afraid ... [H] - better to finish one job first before starting another.

Here's an example of the markup for Jason http://www.compkarori.com/images/demomarkup.pdf

6. Graham

Regarding printing support ... I started off with HTML, and LaTeX. Added on MSWord later on. Decided that LaTeX was not 100% reliable for uncertain reasons, so made the effort to write a PostScript driver. This originally required a PS printer, but now you can use gsprint to print your PS docs to your windows printers.

When the PS templates are finished, could look at expanding the use of MS Word .. though I would prefer to keep all improvements so that they are applicable on all platforms viz. Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. And making free software dependent upon a commercial product doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Unless those users were willing to fund MS Word specific development.

Mac OSX - bought an Intel based Mac off an auction site, and will be looking soon at porting Synapse EMR to OSX.

7. Graham

GSview does not show more than one page of a multipage document. This is something to do with the way GSview must be reading the DSC formatting, and because it is not possible to embed Page directives when dynamically paginating.

But, interestingly the RoPS viewer does show all the pages. However, it also significantly slower at rendering the page to screen.

8. qilin

qilin Member

I see your point. It certainly makes more sense to have a fully independent application.
    Noticed that, not a big issue as long as the print out works.

How about letting user select fields and sequence before printing? That would be nice.
  9. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-32

Superbill change

The visit level can now be set to "none" when the visit is for physical therapy or an office procedure.

10. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-33

Attempt to trap an error if PPort button is selected and Paperport is not installed.

11. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-33

Adds an optional postscript template value

Instead of using "Provider-Address", using "Provider-Name-Address" will format the first line of the address as

Dr Abcd Surname

where Abcd is the initials field. The first letter is uppercase, and the rest lowercase.

12. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-35

Adds a new variable "patientid" that can be used in the suffix field for the patient directory.

Of course if you have created all your directories already, it won't affect those, and will try and create new directories.
  13. Jason

That'd be a major hassle if anyone wanted to convert from one method to this newer method.
  14. Graham

Too right!

15. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-36

Jason reports that if you use the "File with changes" button in the inbox too quickly, a warning appears that you are about to over write the metadata with blanks .. meaning that the metadata has not yet loaded.

So, this release hides the button until the metadata has completed loading.

Of course, we could look at optimising this further by *not* not reloading the unseen results each time a result is filed.
  16. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-37

In the consult tabs, there is a new "Copy" button. It only will copy the text from the last 3 screens so that you can paste it into the current consult.

There is also a "PS Fonts" button to remind you what the markup codes are if using Postscript.
  17. Jason

Re: Client Build 203 beta-37

I see how this works.

(1) move over to the Tab of one of the last three visits

(2) Press [Copy] button

(3) Move to current consult, Press Control + v

Of course ... if you replace the [Copy] button with Control+a (select all), then Control+c (copy), it's faster :)

Attached Files:

18. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-38

The copy button now works for selected text and numeric results in those tabs.

This means you can paste some results into the letter you are writing.

Use the shift or control key for multi select.

19. Jason

very nice.

Works well.

I was trying to think up where to put a paste button, but couldn't think of a good locale.

I am a control+v man anyway.

20. Graham

Since currently I can't control pasting into a box where the text cursor "was", it will have to be Control-V.