Client Build 203 beta-1

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-22

Figured as much.

and I bet they sometimes us dd-mm-yyyy by accident as well :)

now that I am used to dd-"mmm"-yyyy I will never go back :)
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-30

1. Fixes a new bug when searching on specialty on the provider tab
    2. Colours the two fields required for adding Providers
    3. Puts the name, phone and fax of the pharmacy on the medications popup
    4. Adds a letter template
    5. Allows you to invoke gsprint on the postscript preview screen

The letter template is incomplete in that
    1. It does not currently put a footer
    2. It does not get archived
    3. It does not justify text yet

This is how to set it up, and use it.

In Custom/PostScript, create a letter template and use the following as the content
    Now, in Settings/PostScript - in "Letters Template" select the new letter template. You may have to restart to activate it.
    Also, setup gsprint in Settings/PostScript. It should be in the same directory as gsview if you are using ghostscript.

When printing, in the "Print Letter Dialog" screen, use the "PSPreview" button. With luck, you will see your letter preview in Synapse EMR. Use the arrow buttons to move thru the pages.

The new "GSprint" button allows you to send the postscript file to gsprint, which should print the letter to your default windows (non-postscript) printer. Or, you can use the other print buttons if you have a postscript printer.

You will probably have to alter the template to suit yourself.
  3. Graham

Ok guys, need some feedback as to how well gsprint will print any of the postscript templates to non-postscript windows printers.

4. Jason

5. Graham

Gsprint is included in the ghostscript distribution. So you should have it already.

Using GSview adds another viewing step to the process. You view it once in Synapse EMR, and then again in gsview and then print.
    This way you abolish the 2nd preview step.

6. Jason

The based on my GSView settings, you should be able to find it (same directory).

[:)]
  7. Jason

GSPrint worked without a hitch.

But the [PS] Button (on the Synapse Print Dialog) gave me this error.

8. Graham

[quote user="Jason"]

GSPrint worked without a hitch.

But the [PS] Button (on the Synapse Print Dialog) gave me this error.

[/quote]

Interesting...
  9. qilin

qilin Member

Got the same message, but it's the PSPreview button, message is from GSview.

Preview screen for prescription does not display properly and neitherdoesGSview, but psprint works fine here.
  10. Graham

All will be fixed in due course ..make sure that you do have templates assigned for everything.
  11. qilin

qilin Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-23

Actually, instead of bringing up a new windows, you can just use the button to open the provider tab page. This way, if a provider is not in the list, the user can add a new name right away instead of closing the search window and go back to the provider tab.
  12. qilin

qilin Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-23

can I define the template paper size as "Letter" instead of "A4"? - Nevermind, I can just use actual numbers as in prescription pad.
  13. qilin

qilin Member

My fault, after fixing the templates, everything works beautifully now.
  14. Graham

Pagesize options are A4, letter, A5 and the actual dimensions in points where one pt = 1/72 of an inch.

15. qilin

qilin Member

Tried to customize the letter template, I came up with this:
    Looking ok so far except "sincerely," went to the top of the page. How do I remove medication and diagnosis part? I am not sure how the flowbox is defined and keep getting error messages when I attempt to delete the lines.

hmm, got the same message with your original template: "error .. not enough flowboxes defined"
  16. Graham

The dialect needs a bit of tweaking ...
  17. Graham

I think we are going to have to have 3 separate templates
    1. To Doc with diagnoses/medications
    2. To Doc with no diagnoses/medications
    3. To Patient

which is how I did it with the LaTeX templates. Clearly I can do this if the format is hard coded inside Synapse EMR, but when I allow users to define their own templates, then one template does not cover all three situations.

18. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-31

Another experimental build that uses the gonzo justification routines from Don Lancaster with his approval. Don is a postscript guru of many years standing.

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
    Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
    rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: don@tinaja.com

Ok, this gives us a way to justify, and paginate the body text ( patient name in footer to come ), but this leaves me with some difficulties in positioning any text after this because I don't know where we are on the page. So, we need to remove the "Yours sincerely" and signatures, and combine into the body text.

Here is my current working template ( uses consult-date instead of today ) for printing out the date.
    The other thing that Gonzo justification gives us, is the ability to mark up text eg. superscript, subscript, bold, italic and greek letters.

For the moment we are stuck using Times-Roman in the body text ... and these are the default fonts used for this markup.
    Now to
  19. Jason

204 ?

:)
  20. Graham

Need to get the template language nailed down so that we can have the three templates we need ( meds, no meds, and to patient ), and to allow archiving of the letters. And then it will be ready.

I kinda like the ability to markup text ... tried it today with a few letters I was writing.