Client Build 203 beta-1

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: Client Build 203 beta-69

The consult editor actually is supposed to present a dashboard of the patient's main aspects. After using previous version of the consult editor, I felt that I had to have these details in front of me .. otherwise I was forced to close the window down so that I could look at them.

The reason that the three tables have so much depth at the top is so that I can display the most commonly used functions in one go without having to scroll the table. If I shrink that table to say half the vertical height, then you have to scroll. I'll investigate if I can change the font size in the table to reduce the height .. but I don't think I can.

The consult window does expand vertically if you have a large enough monitor.

All of the tabs on the left inject text into the consult. The question is which one should be shown by default. I am not using macros ( that could change ) or templates so I prefer to bury those. But I could make it an option so that the tab that is shown first is a preference. That way you are back to your two clicks again.
  2. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-70

Settings/Misc

Gives you two new settings
    1. Control which tab is first shown in the consult editor. Thereafter, the last tab used is remembered throughout your Synapse session.
    2. Control how many rows of the tables above the editor display. Options are 2 - 4 rows.
  3. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-72

R203B72

1. Fix for the PostScript dialect
    2. Reverted radio-buttons to previous behaviour ( default is for no button to be selected )
    3. Other bug fix

This is a working example of a template to write a letter to the patient. If you have made all the postscript preferences correctly, then in the print letter dialog, when you select "to patient", this template is invoked.
  4. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-72

There are three outstanding issues that we should fix before we finish with this beta.
    1. Highlighting text in the "macro replacement" ( broken with this beta - works in earlier versions )
    2. Display issues in the postscript preview
    3. Storing archives of letters ( broke with this beta - works in earlier versions )
  5. Graham

6. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-73

What it does is set the tickler to priority 0, and the tickler status to "Rep. Received".

7. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

interesting. will check it out.

8. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I still don't use ticklers, although I think they are important.

being able to easily satisfy ticklers, is extremely important - and this certainly will help that.

Even better would be for staff to satisfy the ticklers that they can.

in P4P in the USA, the criteria is relatively crude, ie. did your diabetics get A1c scores, etc.

Attached Files:

9. Graham

I don't believe I'm reading this! You're the one who agitated for tickler support.[:mad:]

Sure .. you can do it the following ways:
    1. Satisfy the tickler at the point of adding a new result ( but the screen is pretty busy anyway, and most likely the person doing the scanning is the one with the least clinical knowledge )
    2. Satisfy at the inbox - the person reviewing the result is usually the one who ordered it - and it's two clicks - one to select the tickler, and then one click on the green button
    3. Satisfy by running a report each work on outstanding ticklers - a lot of work I think as it means searching all the results to see if the tickler has been satisfied.
  10. Graham

You'll note the change in buttons as well.

Looking to improve on the button look .. these ones are too vertically deep.
  11. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-74

R203B74

1. Changed the button colors to a whiter shade, and resized some windows to accommodate the new vertical size
    2. Fixed date requester which was deactivated by the button changes.

12. Graham

Re: Client Build 203 beta-75

R203B75

1. Added sparklines for CRP, ESR, BMI and Systolic BP in the consult editor
    2. The day of week button is now highlighted in the appointments

How do the sparklines work?

The sparklines are dense graphic objects the size of a word. They plot data from the earliest result available to the current date. The data is taken from the numeric results table, so requires that you have numeric data eg. from HL7.

Some of the graphs show a narrow gray box ... and this represents the normal range. You'll see a narrow gray band on the BMI graph ( if you have any BMI recordings for that patient ).

You also need to have no filters active on the numeric results.