Client 214 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

or maybe only add 10 features per new client, not 20 ! :)
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

<h2>R214B36 for Windows</h2>
    • Loads clinical pathways off server instead of local drive now
    • Internet downloaded pathways are immediately displayed instead of being just saved
    • Search on pathways is now working
    • yy is now also supported inaddition to yyyy for paperport directories eg mm-dd-yy
    <h2>
    </h2>
  3. Graham

Apart from the map editor not saving snip content yet, are there any other show stoppers to prevent this build going final?

Or, why are beta users still using earlier builds??
  4. Graham

Paindoc,

Is the beta-36 supporting your paperport format?
  5. paindoc

paindoc New Member

No,

It appears that my office staff has not followed a consistent protocol for DOB formatting in paperport. Perhaps some kind of script could be developed to add zeroes or ones in the proper places to clean up the mm-dd problems? I'm not much of a programmer but would be willing to adequately compensate someone for their time spent in this regard as this issue is important to me.

Takers???

PainDoc
  6. Jason

Can you be very specific about

(1) what your staff did most of the time in terms of naming folders for patients

(2) a rough guess as to the variability.

(3) at the DOS command prompt .. move to the root directory of your patients: type this in

dir /s /b /a:d /o:n >patientdirs.txt

email me the patientdirs.txt file

I'll see what systematic naming issues you have.

7. Graham

Synapse will name folders like this

\[A..Z]\surname[seperator]fnames [other text]date-mask

and paindoc has

\[A..Z]\surname, fname DOB mm-dd-yy and also \[A..Z]\surname, fname DOB m-d-yy

so the missing leading zeroes eg: 1-1-60 instead of 01-01-60 is potentially amenable to a script that recursively scans all the directories and renames them.

But, Synapse uses fnames and not fname .. so if the first names are Joe H, or Joe Harry, it will create the directory like \B\Bloggs, Joe Harry DOB 01-01-60 whereas paindoc has \B\Bloggs, Joe DOB 1-1-60

So, I could spend a couple of hours writng a script to rename them to fix the dates of birth, but that is not going to help where the patient has a middle name or initial .... then I would have to open up the database, read the directory name, find the correct patient based upon dob and surname, and then rename the directory. That would make it 3 hours of work or so to get it working correctly.

Or, you can rename them manually each day before the clinic when you see the patient ...
  8. paindoc

paindoc New Member

>>So, I could spend a couple of hours writng a script to rename them to
    fix the dates of birth, but that is not going to help where the patient
    has a middle name or initial .... then I would have to open up the
    database, read the directory name, find the correct patient based upon
    dob and surname, and then rename the directory. That would make it 3
    hours of work or so to get it working correctly.<<

I'm sufficiently convinced that Synapse is worth the investment. If "to get it working correctly" is possible, send me an email naming your fee

PainDoc.
  9. Jason

>>So, I could spend a couple of hours writng a script to rename them to
    fix the dates of birth, but that is not going to help where the patient
    has a middle name or initial .... then I would have to open up the
    database, read the directory name, find the correct patient based upon
    dob and surname, and then rename the directory. That would make it 3
    hours of work or so to get it working correctly.<<

That's a thorough way of doing it. The opening up of the database would certainly give better results in the end.

FYI, if PainDoc sends your the patientsdir.txt file I outlined above you could generate his directory tree as a method of testing.

Or

there is a util called TreeCopy that allows you to copy just the directories (not the files). That way PainDoc could send you an exact copy of his directory tree.

Another Option might be strip out the middle names from Synapse's fnames (ie. anything after the first space) ... that might make things easier.

10. Graham

<h2 class="editable">R84B9 server for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • Supports sending compressed pathways
    • New announces table for practice noticeboard
    • Update button
    The update button checks to see if there is a newer version of the synapse-server available and then downloads it and runs it. Note that your clients will be disconnected when you do this.
  11. Graham

This should make it easier to update the server when you need to do so.

It does a file date comparison from the build time of the version you are running and the file date on a download site.
    If the download site version is later in date, it offers to download it.

It then downloads the newer version as synapse-server.new, and then calls a batch file to delete the old one, and copy synapse-server.new to synapse-server.exe

Note that if you are using firedaemon or any other tool to keep the server running all the time this process will likely fail as firedaemon may restart the server before the batch file kicks in.

12. Jason

<h2 class="editable">R84B9 server for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • Update button

Nice. [:)]

synapse.bug.updating.inbox.item.causes.maximized.results.to.close.upon.hitting.update.jpg
  13. Graham

I think what is happening is that when you update the inbox, it fetches all the unseen results to refresh. And since the top result is not the same as the current patient, it minimizes everything to prevent you mixing up patients.

You can check this by using F3 ( select another patient ) while looking at a result.

This was because someone asked that the current result should also make this the current patient. I wonder who that was ....

I can fix that by not refreshing the unseen results when doing an update on a result item.

14. Jason

The cornerstone of the INBOX is that the current inbox item and the "Current Synapse Patient" are the same patient. I constantly add (1) medications, (2) diagnoses, (3) surgeries, (4) reminders, (5) ticklers, (6) allergies, (7) other physicians, (8) ..... and so on .... FROM THE INBOX. If I had to F3 to add something to someone's chart it would make the inbox useless.
  15. Graham

<h2 class="editable">R214B37 for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • When editing a result, it no longer collapses the display after saving the change on the dashboard
    • Larger clinical maps can now be saved without logging the client off the server
    • The [New] button on the Noticeboard panel doesn't do anything yet.
    <h2 class="editable">
    </h2>
  16. Graham

<h2>R214B38 for Windows</h2>

• The Practice Noticeboard is now functional
    • Use the [+] to add a new notice - only the most recent 15 are displayed
    • Needs beta-10 server
    The beta-10 server can be downloaded by using the [Update] button on your beta-9 server.

<h2>
    </h2>
  17. Graham

The noticeboard is not real time ... ie. others won't see your notices until they login again.

I can make them real time ... but don't see much point yet.
  18. Jason

When you send a message in the new inbox .. this is a popup... a popup provides no help here other than something extra to close.

Attached Files:

19. Graham

<h2>R214B39 for Windows</h2>

• The results panel now displays pages of 20 results ( 9 pages )
    • Attachments can be accessed from the list view of the results panel
    <h2>
    </h2>
  20. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

How do we delete or edit the notice board?