Client 196 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

beta-1

This is just a demo of a possible consult editor. A new button splits the screen into 4 for SOAP and back again into a single screen.

The templates would emit their text into the appropriate screen areas ...

This version is not for production use!!
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I take it they would need some retooling.

Note I added the SO A P letters for illustrative purposes only - not a suggestion.

I think this SOAP idea could be a good idea. Would you put in a 5th "screen" as the Tagging Line ? (just a thought).

The Toggling Back and forth really shows off the nimble Synapse GUI.

Q: wouldn't the toggling cause problems ? ie. what if you did the Soap note in the 4 panel mode, switched to Full Screen, edited the Subjective part (added a paragraph) and then added a paragraph to the Objective ... and then switched back to SOAP mode, would Synapse know where to "put" the newly added paragraphs ? Or maybe once you move out of the 4 panel to the 1 panel ... you can't go back ?

Attached Files:

3. Graham

4. Graham

The full screen mode for an existing SOAP note would show the "S" part of the note.

The plan is to keep the note as 4 parts until Synapse EMR is restarted .. and after that it will be only available as one component, not 4.

5. Graham

Beta-4

Show a different proposed gui for the consult editor...

6. Jason

Certainly a handy thing to be able to see Text Results right within the Consult Note.

Visit1 Visit2 Visit3 - are those for the last three visits ?

Attached Files:

7. Graham

Yeah .. I often need to see what I said last few visits ...

8. Graham

Beta-5

You can't keep anything in the "O" "A" "P" fields but anything in the "S" field is preserved .. so stay off this screen for the moment.

There's a new button on the Inbox/Results screen .. which allows you to message staff regarding a result.

9. Jason

What about the Popup ? :)

One of my pending suggestions was going to be successive hitting of the "Last Consult" button would continue to go back 1 consult.

ie. hit it once, you see the last consult. hit it again and it takes you to the second last consult ....

I like the Last 3 consults idea, sort of unique really :)
  10. Jason

Oh yeah.

I've wanted to mention this for a while.

When are you going to fess up and realize that the entire EMR is in one tab !

:)
  11. Graham

Yeah .... I've noticed this ... basically rebuilding all the functionality again on one window [:(]

The popup only gives the last visit .. need more, and this makes it easier I hope to cut'n'paste from the previous visit.

12. Graham

Beta-6

Now displays the last 3 "encounters" in the 3 tabs to the right of the consult editor

Templates should now go into the SOAP windows if you have the "Soap mode" showing, otherwise they go into the "Full screen" window.

Macros go into the "O" window at present ... will give you a choice where to put this in an update.

Once a consult is saved .. the 4 components are lost.
  13. Graham

Beta-7

Now all the macros give you a choice where to insert the text ...

14. Graham

beta-8

Now the SOAP sections are kept separated for the duration of Synapse EMR session.

You should either use the full screen mode, or the SOAP mode, and not switch between the two.
  15. Jason

What if you switch around ?
  16. Graham

If you start in SOAP mode, and then start typing in the Full Screen mode.. the text will be copied to the Subjective screen if you switch back to SOAP mode. Ie. the Full Screen is treated like a large Subjective screen.

If you use a "O" template in the full screen mode, the output is sent to the active screen .. which is the full screen.

When you save from the full screen mode, all the data from the OAP sections is also saved so no loss.

17. Graham

Have a play .. it should not lose any data for you.
  18. Graham

beta-9
    • Occupation is now no longer a required field
    • The age display has been increased for centenarians
    • Some templates were not emitting to the right field in the SOAP mode
    • Fixed a bug with uploading templates with & characters in them
    If this is issue free - it will be posted as client 196 final.