Client 193 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

So, how is it all working with the betas ? I want to finalise these betas this weekend if I can.
  2. Graham

Hmm. You have a point. Perhaps I should use ";" as used here.

Perhaps tags should only be allowed to be entered by the tag list table. Otherwise a consult might be tagged with something you don't have listed in the tag list....

Thoughts ?
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I would keep the free form nature of the tags (thus the only be able to tag notes with already present tags would hamper usability).

I would standardize tags as one word only: InitialConsult, EmailtoPatient .. etc, and block new tags that are two words. Having used wikis lately I like the NoSPACE thing. I find it a hassle to use commas or semicolons.

The initial consult popup to add <strike>descriptions</strike> tags is really starting to be devoid of any use. Might be time to can it !

you know the one (pictured below)

I would like to see a popup to add tags to ITEMs in the Consult Tab. The popup would show TAGS already used for this patient and a list of CORE Tags (defined by Team Synapse) and a list of user-definable tags. This will become important especially if multiple tags are used for each ITEM.

I would like to see the ITEM Description column widened considerably.

I would like to see the consult window also show what TAGS have been chose for this ITEM and be allowed to enter tags from within the consult window. (it would be a one line thing just like it is before you enter a consult note)(where would it go ? I'd say a line under the Name but before the Macro Buttons)

Attached Files:

4. Graham

Too slow! I implemented ; and , as separators already. This means when I press on the <<Update button, it adds any tags not in the tag list to that list as well.

I think CamelCase is okay for wikis .. but most people would find it unnatural. Also, tags can't be generated automatically if they in the text, and they won't be unless they're in natural english.

I have to think about that. There are a number of actions that depend on those descriptions - now tags.
    Maybe add a second tab to hold used tags ...

I've increased the size in the database from 50 chars to 100 chars ...but I'm not sure I want to see the tags. That's what filtering is for.

Why not just add them at the end ? Too many actions already in the consult editor .. and the ability to add tags afterwards means that you don't have to open up the consult to add the tag.
  5. Jason

I wonder about the use of System Tags (blinded from the user)
  6. Jason

>>>G: Also, tags can't be generated automatically if they in the text, and they won't be unless they're in natural english.

"Auto tagging" is a great feature, and that should be preserved.

===
    >>>G: I've increased the size in the database from 50 chars to 100 chars ...but I'm not sure I want to see the tags. That's what filtering is for.

How do you know what to filter for if you don't know the options ?
    I guess if a Tag List with Every Tag in it was possible ... that would be helpful ... I still would like to see the Tags for say "The last 10 appts .." etc.

===

Minor Bug - If you add a tag to the Tag Line before you enter a FollowUp consult and click Update, after the consult is finished, the Tag line only shows FollowUp (missing the Tag you put in before the consult) but the description in the Consult list shows the "real tag" (which includes the Tag you put in before entering the consult). I think it's a refresh issue, kinda.

====

>>>> G: Why not just add them (Tags) at the end (and not in the consult window) ?

Well ... I'd like to have a ToDo tag, maybe. If I think of something that needs "doing" while seeing the patient, I'd like to put it in the computer immediately.

I can live with them not it the consult editor, its not a big thing. Let's see how Tags evolve and depending on their use .. it'll make more sense where they are needed.

7. Graham

The tags used appear in the tag table for that patient

Now fixed I think.
  8. Graham

9. Graham

http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse-server.exe

Unless there are some bugs found, these will be the final betas.

Client 193 beta-20, and Server 68 beta-5 both being needed to be used together

There is a rebuild tags button ontop of the tags list. This allows you to apply all your tags to all the consults for the current patient.

So, say you have 10 consults there, and want to look at mammograms ... then add mammogram to your tag list and then rebuild. All the consults where mammogram is mentioned will be tagged, and can be filtered on.
  10. Jason

I just hit the rebuild tags button, for no reason in particular.

11. DrO

DrO New Member

Is there a way to stop Synapse from updating? I went to the office this morning to set server 68b3 and synapse B-18. When I started B-18 from home, during breaks in football, it upgraded to a version incompatible with my server. I have set up the Hamachi VPN, it was easy!!, and it works fine.

I am still trying to figure out chickenstrips. Oops, chickenscripts! How do you trigger them besides hitting |> ? I would like to start yahoo or google maps from the patients street address and zip code.

Never mind tags. It will take me the rest of the week to figure them out. I prefer a good problem list.

You guys are incredible.

DrO
  12. Jason

Hi DrO,

Hold off on the Chickenscripts for now. I still haven't got them entirely worked out either. Graham has 'em working, let me figure out what we need on our computers and then I'll let you know.

Graham: I have run into the same problem as DrO before as well - that is - updating the the client to an incompatible version (because the server is too old for the new client) .. would it be much work to prevent these upgrades ?

If you look on the Patient>Details>Personal &amp; Contact page you'll see some FireFox icons ... those will be the triggers for certain chickenscripts. We will need a Home for the enduser defined chicken scripts - I think the Drugs Tab has room. As always, I'll want a popup too. :)

DrO .. did you read your private messages ?

13. Jason

On a different patient, the Rebuild Tags worked fine.

DrO, you know you can always use LogMeInFree to log onto your computer at work !

It's even better than Hamachi !

I use Hamachi just to access Synapse from Home, but I use LogMeIn Free to connect to my computers at the office.

It works well, I have a 10 computers I access with LogMeIn. It's rather fun.

One Tip would be to Install LogMeIn in FireFox as that is going to be the key browser for Synapse. You could always install LogMeIn in Both IE and FireFox. I eventually ended up doing that.

Try LogMeIn !
  14. Graham

If you're not using beta versions, and even then, it should never upgrade a client to an incompatible version without warning you. And you always have the option of ignoring upgrade requests.

Chickenfoot chickenscripts are triggered by the page address.

So, for the page in question, when you press the firefox button on the patient details page, your browser gets sent to this page

http://127.0.0.1:8001/cgi-bin/searchzip.html

which brings up a page like this:<h2>Search ...</h2>

You need to write a chickenfoot script and trigger it on this page to run your custom searches. This also requires Firefox.Number: 123
    Street: G AVE.#G
    Suburb:
    City: CORONADO
    Zip: 92118
    Number&amp;Street: 123 G AVE.#G
    City&amp;State: CORONADO, CA 92118

Now, while on this page, in FireFox 2 ( and this assumes that you have installed chickenfoot ), press F8.

This brings up the chickenfoot editor.

Paste the script from http://synapsedirect.com/blogs/chickenscript/archive/2006/10/27/Chickenscripts.aspx

into the editor. Then click on the "Triggers" tab, and then the "+" button.

In the screen that pops up, name the trigger "Yahoo map" or whatever, and for the "For Pages" field, enter this url http://127.0.0.1:8001/cgi-bin/searchzip.html so that the script is only triggered on this Synapse EMR generated page. And that's it!
  15. Graham

16. Graham

The final builds for server and client are now uploaded.

The automatic update will be up shortly.
  17. Jason

I see that descriptors like Telephone are not in the Tag List.

But when I clicked the Update Button for the Tags (initial consult was already there) and I added dyspepsia. Now BOTH are in the Tag List. I think they probably should be there .... but just wanted to let you know as you didnt put Tags like Initial Consult in the known tags list to start with.

18. Graham

Yes .. not sure if they all need to be there.