Client 193 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Client 193 beta-1 is now available at http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

This adds the new ability to print consults and prescriptions using Internet Explorer 6, and 7. Other types of print outs will be added in due course.

This is for those who don't have a PostScript printer, and find Ghostscript unreliable. And for portal clients who have a minimal installation.

This does not currently work for Firefox as it uses a custom ActiveX control to control the footers for Internet Explorer.

NB: a security alert will ask you if you wish to install the activex control. With Windows XP service pack 2, it appears as a yellow bar above the screen contents. If you allow the control, you will not be asked again.
  2. Graham

Also, if you use the print button on any of the patient details screens, it will now print out all the details from all 4 tabs including the patient image using IE.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

I get this Synapse Popup.

Attached Files:

4. Graham

Correct .. it has to have the activex control locally available.

The alternative is to download it in the browser from the internet, but that will always raise a security alert each time you print.

There is no security alert if the activex for printing is loaded off local networks.
  5. Jason

ActiveX screen.

Attached Files:

6. Jason

The ActiveX's print preview doesn't seem to work in IE7, not that it is really needed here.

It says the page is only 1 page, but it is two.

7. Graham

As IE7 appears to always open a new window instead of a new tab, I may look at alternate solution for setting the footers etc for browser printing... perhaps using the Rebol plugin. This would then work on IE and Firefox.
  8. Graham

The activex print preview shows the preview of the whole page, and not the frame we are interested in. IE7 print preview does the same too! That's why we only see one page in the preview.

I'll remove the preview button.
  9. Graham

beta-2 is now available: This allows you to print out the results and numerical results.

If you select (using shift, or control ) multiple results, they are printed. Otherwise a date range selector appears (defaulting to the entire date range of available data).

PS: if anyone is wondering where the numerical results come from, they are either from the "Vitals" templates, or from the HL7 Lab import. (Not all users have HL7 Lab importing setup)
  10. Jason

Printout of both "Text" and Numerical results (Note: they probably need better names) worked for me.

I'd like them to have more official looking feel to them by printing more patient particulars at the top.

I would like these patient details to appear on the IE screen (and not just on the printout)

What should be included ?

(1) Name (2) DOB (3) NHI (4) address (5) Home Phone Number.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Currently the reports look something like this. I'd add the green

---------------------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Date: 12-Sep-2006 Type: Bone Scan

Comment: negative for mets (Q: or should the word Metadata be used instead of comment ?(

---------------------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Q: I guess my question is why would you want to do this ?

<u>I see a few uses</u>:

(1) I could see it being useful for patient transfers (something to give to the new doctor).

(2) Since the text generated in IE is copy/pastable it could be used to for getting Results information into a Referral Note. (VERY helpful). You essentially highlight the results you want the metadata for .. send to IE .... and then copy the text to wherever you need it.

(3) Q: should there be a Results Popup ? (accessible from the Consults Tab and elsewhere).

(4) To see large amounts of metadata quickly

(5) Q: should the data also be sortable based on Type ? (currently it's sorted on Date).

-=-=-=-=-=

Q: what were you intending it for Graham ?

See here as well
  11. Graham

Good. It's only a first pass though, and I can add more details.

Yep, or for patients to print outfrom the portal to takesomewhere...

Yes, though I will be thinking of other ways to include results into a letter.

That would be nice to do if I have time. But if I dump all the results to IE, I can view them on the other screen while in the consult editor in the mean time.

The tables sort .. just click on the headers for eachcolumn. Once sorted, then print.

All of the above!
  12. Graham

beta-3 is now available.

This adds more patient details at the top of the printouts for the results.

IE printing is now an option on all the templates. Choose "Options" on the template, and then "IE"

This means that almost all the printing can now be done in IE.
  13. Jason

A: The tables sort .. just click on the headers for eachcolumn. Once sorted, then print.

That'll do it :)

14. Graham

If everyone is happy with the IE printing ... I'll release this as build 193 final.

I do note that IE7 is still much slower than Firefox .. pity there's no easy way to control the footers and headers in Firefox.
  15. Jason

Yes IE7 is noticeably slower. I read a Firefox user complaining that he had alot of Firefox windows open and it totalled 123 Megs of RAM. He thought that was bad. Then he tried IE - it was 400 Megs RAM.
  16. Graham

I just printed and posted a prescription from IE7.

The address sat nicely in the window envelope, and the dob was correctly obscured.[:D]
  17. Graham

I may be able to bring up IE for printing while keeping your browser settings unchanged. So, if you love that tabbed interface in Firefox for looking at your inbox, you can continue doing so if all goes to plan.
  18. Graham

http://ww.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

Beta-4 is now up.
    1. Clicking on the patient name in the waiting room now selects the patient as well.
    2. The 3Mb file size on scanned images is now removed .. instead you just get a warning
    3. The PMSID is now exported correctly in the superbill

19. Graham

20. Graham

http://ww.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse.exe

Beta-6 is now up.

The chart printout ( Patients/Consults - "DOCS" button ) now has an option to print the encounter also in HMTL with Internet Explorer. This printout is used for storing in paper charts if you keep those.