Appointment "Comment" text missing

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by qilin, Sep 4, 2009.

1. qilin

qilin Member

My secretary has been complaining about this. I noticed:

Sometimes when selecting an appointment, the text in "Comment" box appeared for a second then disappears, it then re-appears after re-clicking that appointment.
    After updating an appointment, occasionally the text in "Comment" box was lost mysteriously.

My secretary also complained about missing appointments. She swears she added that appointment and didn't delete it but it's just not there any more.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Once I get the confirmation popup that the appt has been added, I have never lost an appt.

As for text disappearing from the comment box, I don't recall seeing this either.

But remember this is asynchronous, so it might get wiped by the appt you switch to and then does not have time to reappear when you switch back before you decide it has been lost.

Best thing is to to see if you can see a pattern, and to try and reproduce it.
  3. qilin

qilin Member

Got you. When I switch from an appointment with blank comment field to another appointment with text in comment field, the text will appear for a second and then disappear. This is the pattern I noticed. However, this doesn't always happen, only sometimes. I guess when my secretary update the second appointment at this time, she will loose the text.
  4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I'll keep an eye on it my side too ...

BTW, you can only lose an added appt if the confirmation popup never appears, because you've already lost the connection.