Add result dialog box: minor suggestions.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Jason, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Issue 1: The calendar month doesn't return to the current month.

When adding results, sometimes it was from the month before, so my secretary will move to the previous month.

However, when she adds the next value ... she forgets about the month and leaves it as the previous month. She is getting used to the "lack of resetting" but I still think the intuitive way is for the Month to return to the current month.

========================

Issue 2: date looks selected, but it's not.

I would prefer no red box on a date in the date selecting calendar until the calendar is clicked. When there is a date selected but it really isn't I feel the GUI is tricking me.

Attached Files:

2. Jason

When I tried to add a result with no name (my secretary does the filing), I got this warning about the date. How about a more accurate warning.

Attached Files:

3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

My experience is different .. normally my scans are clustered around a certain date, so I prefer to keep the existing month.

So, if the scans were done the previous week and the month has rolled over ... your way would involve more work.
  4. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]
    My experience is different .. normally my scans are clustered around a certain date, so I prefer to keep the existing month.

So, if the scans were done the previous week and the month has rolled over ... your way would involve more work.

[/quote]

The solution there is to add the week previous as many calendars do. Ideally the calendar would display the thirty days before today's date.

Attached Files:

5. Jason

My secretary keeps making mistakes with the date. I also can't change the date when in the inbox.

Please please can we make this a permanent setting ?

6. qilin

qilin Member

I also have the problem of date mistakes. My secretaries tend to put today's date or report print date rather than the test date. Results type are often wrong too. Many of the results were filed under a dummy account so I don't get them in my inbox to correct them. And I don't want to log in the dummy account just to verify these. My suggestion: under results tab, make the date and type editable, similar to metadata field. A timestampis already therefor the filing date.
  7. Graham

The result type is already editable in the Inbox. That's probably where the date should be editable.
  8. Jason

!! NO !!

Is that from a dummy doctor account ? ie. for testing purposes ?
  9. qilin

qilin Member

No, the dummy doctor was for office documents: insurance letters, precert, legal letters, disability forms, etc. They are not medical related but need to be kept, and obviously I don't want to see them in my inbox. Also I can't tell you how many times a test results was filed but never showed up in my inbox, then I realized the date or result type was put in wrong. I am going back to MS Access to correct these but would certainly hope this is available in the client.
  10. Graham

Are you saying that because your secretary put the wrong date and type on the scan result, it does not show up in your inbox?

Because it still should ...
  11. Graham

Anyway, you will be able to fix these in the B12 client when it is released tomorrow.
  12. Jason

I have run into this. It shows up but you miss it because you are only looking for "the most recent" stuff. Since it is sorted in order, you might see that the last entry was from end of July, but you know the test you ordered was in September, so your eyes don't look further. Little did you know that the September result had the wrong date and was labelled a date in June. I think for a more important test that stands out ... say an MRI ... your eyes might see MRI and you can figure out the test has the wrong date. For another test, like a Lab Test, there may be lots of those and you are less likely to spot it .. and will miss it.

What happened to me was that I told a patient the test wasn't back yet. But out of the corner of my eye I saw the test at the last second, and then figured out the date waswrong.
  13. qilin

qilin Member

No, they just forgot to put them in my inbox, they probably put in admin or dummy doc's inbox.
    [Y][:)]
  14. Jason

Now that "Revert to Today" is a default setting in Synapse my secretary hasn't made any date errors :)
  15. Jason

I would like to the the end of the File Name when importing items into Synapse. Alternatively, just display the filename ... not the directory plus file name.

see .jpg

Attached Files:

16. Graham

The filename is used to grab the file so that's not possible.

It would be simpler for you to use a mapped directory.
  17. Jason

I am going to migrate to a mapped directory.

The problem is PaperPort if I remember. I wanted to scan PaperPort stuff to a local directory on my secretary's PC.
  18. Jason

Numeric results Tab looks different depending on what the Result Type is.

see .jpg
  19. Jason

Of course, I know people shouldn't be doing this !

I just did it by accident.

It is actually good that the Tab doesn't look the same when you shouldn't be there !