The request template

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by Graham, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

The request template comes in two flavours .. one with diagnoses and medications, and the other with those suppressed. Of course you can make your own variants but those are the working names.

Jerry would like to see more flexibility here ... he will post.
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

The LabReq Template ? I still use my OHIP thing (ontario-labs.ps) for labs.

I see two templates ..... How do you access these templates ?

Attached Files:

3. Graham

from the investigation gui templates in a consult.
  4. Jason

I would prefer access to Request Templates from anywhere in Synapse, not just within a Consult.

Attached Files:

5. Graham

That would create problems for people doing superbills because there is no longer any encounter to bill to.

It's not a technical issue.
  6. Jason

Of the 100s of things you need to "prescribe" in Primary Care, I dont know what percentage would be included in the Super Bill.

Is a prescription for orthotics a part of the Super Bill ?

Jerry, of all the things you need to make a "Request" for ... what percentage are "SuperBill-able" ?
  7. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

[quote user="Jason"]
    Of the 100s of things you need to "prescribe" in Primary Care, I dont know what percentage would be included in the Super Bill.

Is a prescription for orthotics a part of the Super Bill ?

Jerry, of all the things you need to make a "Request" for ... what percentage are "SuperBill-able" ?
    [/quote]

I just wrote a list of about 20 common things I would write a Request for, and none of them were billable by me. I suppose there would be some "unusual" circumstances where someone is in a kind of hybrid multi-disciplinary group practice and each practitioner in the group would issue a superbill for Requests that are intended for other parts of the organization, more for the purpose of accounting to the group at the end of the month.
  8. Graham

All of these things happen inside the context of seeing a patient.

Consider it a context menu .. if you need to understand why
  9. laumansm

laumansm New Member

so, I understand that you usually order from within a consult note. I noticed thatyou can also request labs and imaging without using a consult note: the main patient view window has another tab for lab and imaging requests. When do you use these?

Marius
  10. Graham

I should remove them ....

But there are some docs not using Synapse yet to document encounters ... just prescriptions, and tests. They would use this.

This allows a gradual migration to Synapse - start with demographics, tests and medications. And then progress to dictated notes and then templated notes.