Client 214 betas

Discussion in 'New Release and Beta Release Information' started by Graham, Mar 31, 2008.

1. qilin

qilin Member

Still has problem, error message:

Send-file error - file: /G/My Documents/***.doc md5: 4520C12AB09E5EABC22CB0AA1ACDC09F
    make object! [
    code: 305
    type: 'script
    id: 'invalid-arg
    arg1: "none"
    arg2: none
    arg3: none
    near: [to integer! :value]
    where: 'to-integer
    ]
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

I take it that you have the "delete from scan directory after import?" checked?

3. Graham

Ok, uploaded Beta 46 with some more debugging code present.

Qilin, if this happens the very first time with a particular file, can you check your server's cache-directory to see if the file was transferred successfully or not. If it has, then the problem is occuring after that transfer.

So, if your file name is consultation.doc, and the synapse id is 200, then you should see 200-consultation.doc in the cache-directory. If it's been uploaded before, you'll see 200-consultation[1].doc etc.

4. qilin

qilin Member

Both messages come up this time. I tried uncheck "delete from scan directory after import", still the same issue. After the error messages, it appears the client lost connection to the server, it's not frozen as I can still click the tabs, but clicking seach button does not get any response.
    The files are uploaded -I can see the same files with odd long namesin cache-listener directory, but it seems to me the client failed to tell the server that the upload is complete so that the server can rename the files. The items are listed under results tab after restarting the client - without "view scan" button when selected.

BTW, can I safely delete these files with odd names?
  5. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Yes, but you dont have to.

This file transfer thing needs it's own thread for further understanding ...

I suggest not using this thread.
  6. Jason

BUG: ADD RESULT files not always being transferred to server.

Discuss here please.
  7. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

The window dimensions on the noticeboard appears to be very narrow. With larger messages a scroll bar does not appear between the up and down arrows and therefore does not give an indication that there could be more substance to the message, eg: in the picture attached. Would it be possible to make the window larger?

Attached Files:

8. Graham

It's easy enough for me to increase the size. How much deeper? 2x 3x or what?
  9. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

3x would bring in a couple of extra lines I suppose. Would a scroll bar appear then?.
  10. Graham

<h2>R214B49 for Windows</h2>
    • larger display area for practice notices
    • dashboard appointment date now changes when changed in the appts tab

The scroll bar was there ..just hidden by the up/down arrows.
  11. kgmamman

kgmamman New Member

Is it possible to hyperlink from the noticeboard? Wish I could say " click here" for further details of the pain summit that is just notified.
  12. Graham

Not at present. The standard text area doesn't support any special styles.
  13. Graham

<h2 class="editable">R214B50 for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • improved keyboard navigation to add medications
    Video here to show how it works
  14. Graham

<h2 class="editable">R214B51 for Windows[​IMG]</h2>
    • can now included embedded images in postscript templates
    <h2 class="editable"></h2>

Here's a video showing how an inked image can be printed with the encounter text. The example shows a user who inks the 3 injection points on a PNG homunculus, and then prints the report with the image.

The homunculus.png used can be found here http://synapse-images.s3.amazonaws.com/homunculus.png and can be added to your image library using the Images tab.

This is the template
  15. Graham

forgot to mention that you can also do
    that is, you can now use a PNG, JPEG instead of a EPS.

However, this does interfere with the print preview ...

So,
    would look in the synapse directory for the file logo.png
  16. Jason

[quote user="Graham"]

that is, you can now use PNG, JPEG instead of a EPS.

[/quote]

Great ! Much more enduser friendly :)

17. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Graham,

Very to the point and easy to follow video. Great new feature, hopefully jpg and png won't have too many problems with scaling. I tend to use "pictograms" a lot in my medical notes, so will definitely use this feature.
  18. Jason

Like what pictograms ?

[​IMG]

Take 4 times a day, with meals and at bedtime.
  19. Graham

What Synapse is doing is reading the image file and storing that as raw rgb data in the postscript file.

So,it is up to the postscript interpreter ( ghostscript usually ) to scale the image correctly.

If you use a lot of pictograms, I guess you can create a library image which is blank on which to ink a picture on.
  20. Graham

Currently the image is fixed in one position.

A rather large challenge is to allow you to place the image in the middle of the text and have the text flow around it!