Synapse use documentation?

Discussion in 'Setup & Installation' started by rangelmd, Dec 19, 2007.

1. rangelmd

rangelmd New Member

New to synapse. So far it's great! . . and on many of the tabs I have no idea what some of the fields are used for. The downside is that there does not appear to be any available comprehensive documentation beyond the preliminaries of installing the software and adding new patients. Is there somewhere where this is available or is such a document in the works?
  2. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

The last year has been hectic. Features have grown exponentially. Documentation has suffered alot.

(1) We do have a documentation wiki .. but it's fairly scant.

It is here - http://compkarori.no-ip.biz:8090/Documentation_Index [opens link in new window]

(2) ask questions here.

(3) search the forums here.

(4) Documentation in Synapse (things have changed alot since then)

(5) If you want to get serious, you can outline your situation and we can help you meet some of your goals.

(6) we'd love to hear what you "Want to know first"

3. Jason

Hey are you rangelmd of rangelmd.com ?

I'm a reader !

---

Graham: check out the screenshot for the strep video.

Retro !

Attached Files:

4. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Documentation was from the first supposed to be a community effort. If you know how something is done, but see that it has not been documented, then please grab yourself a wiki account and document it. No software is truly free... there is an onus on users to help out if they wish things to remain free.

If you don't know .. ask away, and a wiki entry can be made that fills that documentation gap.

5. rangelmd

rangelmd New Member

Yea, that was my next step. Don't have documentation? I can write some. Though I have to find out howthe many synapse features work first.

I have been trolling around the client the last few days and I am starting to get the hang of it.

www.rangelmd.com that's me.

I can put a (free) plug for synapse on my blog as well considering that from what I have seen, this emr is just as good as many "mid level" EMRs out there that sell for 10-40K.
  6. Graham

Feel free to blog about Synapse - but if you have any criticisms, please state them here first so I get first chance to fix it first [;)]

And of course documentation is always appreciated.

7. rangelmd

rangelmd New Member

Don't worry. I won't trash Synapse on my blog. LOL. Only the good things. :)
  8. Graham

BTW, there was initially an attempt to provide context sensitive help with the F1 key.

This would take your browser to a help page ... but since we are shifting the help from this site to the wiki, it has not been updated.

Anyway, it's worthwhile trying .. it may actually help!
  9. Jason

cool rangelmd.com is testing out Synapse !. I remember when blogs were getting popular and the only two I likely reading were rangelmd.com and medrants.com. I've been so busy with synapse I haven't been blog reading as much lately.

Welcome aboard :)

10. Graham

rangelmd ... please check your private messages! See Inbox top right of screen.