I wish list!! ask your wishes here and graham will try to make them come true

Discussion in 'Synapse' started by alpesh, May 19, 2010.

1. alpesh

alpesh New Member

my first wish is i wish synapse would sync with google calendar
  2. alpesh

alpesh New Member

another wish is to have the cpt list autopopulate like the icd's do so that the most freqeuntly used cpts show at top. would save time of customizing my list over and over again
  3. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

4. Jerry

Jerry Administrator Staff Member

Unless I missed something, there is no current lookup by ICD9 code number. This would be handy, especially when debating hair splitting coding issues, e.g., 716.98 is "Unspecified Arthropathy of Other Specified Sites". It can be used for foot & ankle, lumbar facet disease and lot of stuff. So I'm trying to remember, what the heck are all the diagnoses I used that darn 716.98 for? Would be nice to be able to do a lookup on it. I have many ICD9 codes memorized, but sometimes it's nice to be able to do a quick check... is thoracic sprain 847.1 or 847.2?, or more importantly if you're trying to remember a fifth digit on something you already know --883.0 is Open Wound Finger, but what's /w tendon involvement? Oh right, 883.1 is complicated and 883.2 is /w tendon involvement. Nice to be able to plunk in 883 and see all the 4th and 5th digit stuff.

It would be especially nice to have lookup by ICD9 code number when adding a new CPT code so you can see where all else that code you are contemplating may have been already used.
  5. Graham

That would be true. Synapse only has the 1500 most common ICD9 codes as published by the AAFP.
    You can add your own codes to the ICD9 applet.

If you want to look up a specific code, I could add a chickenfoot trigger ...
  6. Jerry

I've been using the applet to add ICD9 codes and also editing the file EMR\Clients\icd9.r if it gets messed up. I just use the wordprocessor "find" function to find all incidences of, say, 719.38 in icd9.r. It works OK, just wondered if a lookup by ICD9 code would be hard to add to Synapse client.
  7. Jerry

Here's another idea that I think could be really useful. USHealthWorks has 2 different patient history forms, both of which would not be too tough to make into acroforms. So what if we made it so that the patient could click the "Submit" button from their home computer after filling out the form and submit it to the PWP? Or maybe the exisiting Synapse Patient Portal? It could maybe be added as an acroform to the patient's synapse record along with the other acroforms? Maybe the patient could be allowed to log on again, use the old one's xfdf data, and add more, but not delete the old one?
  8. Graham

Adding an ICD9 code -> diagnosis lookup could be done ... just not sure anyone else needs it!

Acroforms for patients could be done only by the patient portal ... and the rest is possible, just a lot of work.
  9. Graham

Searching on the ICD9 code is now possible.
  10. Jerry

Even US HealthWorks crummy AS400-DB2 ICD9 database has a lookup by ICD code. Many times on disability forms, various medical billing forms, and so forth the diagnoses being used will be listed only by ICD9 code. I have a lot of 'em memorized, but I'm not that good. Really need that lookup by ICD9. Can find it fast on the web, but it's kloogier than fast Synapse lookup. Thanks Graham!
  11. Graham

I didn't mention it, but you can use multiple codes separated by a space/s
  12. Graham

I've just implemented a Read Code look up on the Add Diagnosis screen for myself .. so will probably do the same for ICD 9 and 10.