new problem connecting to server

Discussion in 'Setup & Installation' started by Dr Carolyn McDougald, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I was just getting started with the program and had several patients entered. Then I got busy and have not used the program in a couple of weeks. Today, when I tried to start the server (which is on my laptop), I received the message:

First time install?

I did not have this problem before when I have signed on - can you tell what might have happened?

Thanks,
    Carolyn
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Last time you posted, you said you had locked yourself out ... by changing the only admin account to non-admin, and you said you were going to install a new blank database. If you did that,then you will get the message "First Time Install".

I did post a new server that allowed you to change a non admin user to admin ... don't know if you did that or not.

Otherwise, you might also see this message if another server is running and locking the database.
  3. Thanks, Graham - I had completely forgotten about that - we have had two deaths in the family and one still in ICU...

Carolyn