editors to use for coding Rebol.

Discussion in 'Rebol' started by YueM, Feb 27, 2010.

1. YueM

YueM New Member

I have been searching for editors to use with rebol.

I have played with SCITE, CRIMSON and CONTEXT.

so far I find CRIMSON and CONTEXT are better than scite. In Scite, it was not easy to run a script. In CRIMSON and CONTEXT , there is a feature that allows you to run the script, by pressing a hot key.
    I find CONTEXT's brace matching/highlighting, better than CRIMSON, it's more visible.

what editors do people in this community use for coding ? Please tell us a little bit about your experience with the editors you use to code in rebol.
  2. endo

endo New Member

Hi, I use EditPlus for almost 10 years. It is not freeware but it is very nice and useful. It has sytax highligthing, bracket-matching, folding,executing. Find/replace in multiple files or all files in a folder.
    But the main advantage is it very fast. I can open a 300 mb file in 2-3 seconds.

You can also check this: http://www.rebol.com/editors.html
  3. Peter Wood

Peter Wood New Member

I use JEdit. It is free, runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. It has good rebol syntax highlighting and nicely automatically aligns brackets.
  4. swhite

swhite Member

I use vim, but only because it runs on all the computer we have here (Windows, Linux, AIX) and I therefore don't have to learn more than one.
  5. YueM

YueM New Member

Is anyone using the latest version of scite and has been able to get scite to execute a VID rebol script ?
  6. notchent

notchent Member

I love metapad in windows. Click Options -> Settings, and set REBOL as either your primary or secondary external viewer