Administrator settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr Carolyn McDougald, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,

Somehow, I guess when I was adding my Nurse Practitioner, my setting was changed to medical from admin.

How do I change it back so I can make changes in the scheduling, etc?

Thanks,

Carolyn
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Hi Carolyn

That presents a bit of a problem if there are no longer any admin users in the system to change you back.

The quick answer is to modify the database tables with a program like IBOConsole if you know how to do this.

The long answer is, I need to create a menu option on the Synapse-Server control panel to restore your admin status. I'll see if I can do that in a few hours when I'm home.

3. Thanks Graham, that would be awesome. I am still trying to figure out the program on the fly with a demanding 2 1/2 yr old "helping". I have only entered about 20 patients, so I guess I could uninstall the program and start over. I have never used the software you mentioned, but I am always game to try something new...

Carolyn
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Carolyn

I managed to get something done before my battery died .. left it at work!

http://www.compkarori.com/emr/beta/synapse-server.exe

Stop your server. Download this beta version, and copy it over the existing version. Start it up.

There's a new button that says "Make Admin". Click on it, enter your userid, and then "OK".

Hopefully that will restore your admin status.

Best to wait to said 2.5 year old is safely napping! [:)]

Graham