HIPAA compliant cloud services

Discussion in 'Backup & Disaster Recovery' started by qilin, Jan 21, 2013.

1. qilin

qilin Member

2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Just use S3 to store stuff ... Amazon claimed HIPAA compliance years ago.
  3. qilin

qilin Member

I am looking for synchronization not just back up
  4. Graham

5. qilin

qilin Member

Looks like you need to set up your own Linux server. Not sure if I can find time to learn this.
  6. Graham

Fair enough .. just pay for the service.
  7. qilin

qilin Member

That's when the HIPAA compliance question comes up...
    Seafile looks like a good idea, will give it a try some time. Hopefully not too hard to set up.
  8. Graham

qilin and Jason like this.
  9. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

10. qilin

qilin Member

A cloudless option​
    Despite our best security practices, we know some people just aren’t 100% onboard with using the cloud, so we don’t force anyone to use it. Cubby gives you the option for DirectSync™, the ability to sync your data securely and directly between computers without storing it in the cloud.​

This is what I want. Only pro version can do this though, price starts at $4/month. Supposed to be unlimited space with direct sync and 100gb cloud.
  11. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

The document versioning looks great !
  12. Graham

Coffee money
  13. qilin

qilin Member

Signed up for 1 year. Now sending all office files back to home file server. Initial synch has not finished after over 36 hrs for 13 gb data (1.3 gb left). I could have used the "seeding" option: copy files directly to target PC first using an external hard drive, than synch and merge to save time but I wanted to see the transfer speed.
    Renew next year will be $6.99/mo, reasonable comparing to other cloud services.
    Jason likes this.