Complete (EMR and PM) synapse system for USA docs - EZclaim integration

Discussion in 'Feature: Requests and Planning' started by alpesh, Jul 25, 2009.

1. alpesh

alpesh New Member

to make synapse complete i think it needs a billing component. the simplest billing program that does the job that is affordable is ezclaims. it also has connections to gateway and other edi clearing houses. i am proposing a bridge from synapse to ezclaims. it costs about 1500 bucks as per a discussion with Graham. i would like anyone interested in this to reply here so we can split the cost. this will allow demographics and ICD info to go into the ezclaim db so that u will not need double data entry and everything will be paperless.

As well, ezlclaim itself is only about 700-1500 dollars. so possibly with 3 people in this u can have a complete EMR for about 2k and then no more costs. exclaim is one time fee as well as this proposed bridge.

post hereor emailme if anyone has any questions. thx
  2. Graham

Graham Developer Staff Member

Re: complete synapse system for usa docs

What I told Alpesh is that I would be prepared to make a start on a 2 way real time bridge if $1500 could be pledged for my time.
  3. Jason

Jason Developer / Handyman Staff Member

Wow. Great Deal.

Another option for Alpesh might be that he pays the entire $1500, but that when someone else signs up for it, he gets money back.

4. Graham

Sure ... possible too.

5. Jason

Alpesh, on this same front, I am giving up on my PM vendor coming up with a good networked version.

I am thinking about hiring Graham to make a scheduling program.

This would be a standalone app that would read the Firebird tables.

6. alpesh

alpesh New Member

ok jason ezclaim has nice pm scheduling built in as well. check out their demo. all we need to do is have synapse link with ezclaim. then since ezclaim alreayd links with outlook then have google calendar sync(gsync) to sync it so we can schedule and have it anywehre. i hope i wasnt too confusing.
  7. Graham

Sounds like accomplishing both needs then ... a bidirectional ezclaims interface, and a networkable calendar.

8. paindoc

paindoc New Member

Speaking of pledges, what would I need to pledge for you to begin work on a template punctuation rules engine for Synapse?

PainDoc
  9. Jason

Hi PainDoc, can you be more specific ?
  10. paindoc

paindoc New Member

Hello Jason,

I trust that Darren is doing well. I find that when I'm using templates to chart, I waste time cleaning up trailing commas after periods, other commas, etc. Graham mentioned once in an earlier conversation that a rules engine might be in the offing someday, and as he mentioned pledges regarding his work on an upcoming ezclaims interface, I thought I'd put my bid in for something that's significant to me.
  11. Jason

I noticed that as well. I think the design of the template makes a big difference.
  12. Graham

Hi John

Can you post some examples of this ... I thought I had cleaned up most of this "junk" but as Jason says, it is highly dependent on the way the template is made.
  13. Graham

Good news - Alpesh has pledged the $1500 to start work on the two way bridge between Ezclaims and Synapse.

However, there is a twist .. the Synapse server is going to be in the cloud on Amazon, and the EZclaims will be hosted locally.

So, the bridge is going to require a bit more work on design and programming as it is going to be a lot more complex than just running an ODBC bridge between two applications on the same PC server.

14. Jason

Holy crap, you can bridge without being on the same server ?

You are the master Graham.

Wouldn't it be easier to get the bridge running locally first, then try this fancy over the internet bridge ?

/just a thought.
  15. Graham

If I do it this way, I can use the same technique for local bridging as well ... ie. one version will work for both scenarios.

16. Graham

Seems to me that the EZ scheduler is a $400 extra purchase.

17. alpesh

alpesh New Member

any chance u can make synapse look like exclaim scheduler, their gui is nice.maybe i can get my money back and give it to u.
  18. Graham

I had a quick look at their video of their scheduler and it seemed very mouse intensive to do appointments.

Also drop and drag stuff ... not easily done.

19. Graham

I had a quick look at their video of their scheduler and it seemed very mouse intensive to do appointments.

Also drop and drag stuff ... not easily done.

20. Graham

Update. We're back on the EZclaims replicator now after finishing the googledocs integration.

The bridge is now replicating patients from EZclaims to the cloud .. but there are some issues. Since Alpesh is also importing patients using the physician web portal, we are ending up with patients in Synapse that are not in EZclaims.

When patients are added in EZclaims that are already in Synapse, then the bridge will attempt to match them. But, if the dob is incorrect or does not match, we then end up with duplicate patients. For this reason I do not want two way replication of patients as bad data needs to be avoided as much as possible.

To address this issue, I am providing a new web page on the web portal that shows all patients in Synapse that are NOTin EZclaims. The EZclaims user can then add them from the web page manually. If they make a dob error, then they will see that the patient they just entered does not vanish from the list of new patients not in EZclaims.

Note that replication can take up to 10 mins if the poll period on the web side is 5 mins, and the local EZSync utility also uses a poll period of 5 mins. The latter can be adjusted down to 2 mins reducing the maximum replication time to 7 mins.